Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
New and emerging managers, either those making the transition from individual contributor to management or existing managers looking to master and stretch their foundational leadership skills.
About the course
Step up to the challenge of management and leadership.
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager involves not only a new skillset but a new mindset. The Emerging Leader Program has been designed to give new and early career managers the foundational skills and confidence to build a successful leadership career and an appreciation of what it takes to achieve their leadership potential.
This intensive course will accelerate your capability and prepare you to step up to the challenge of leadership. You will return to work with a management toolkit to better:
Communicate and engage others
- Understand and apply emotional intelligence techniques
- Communicate authentically and assertively
- Coach, mentor and motivate others
Step up as a manager
- Make the shift from individual contributor to manager
- Determine what to do vs what to delegate
- Manage your energy, maintain work/life balance and avoid burnout
- Developing and aligning team and organisational visions
- Cascading your vision into focus areas, priorities, actionable team goals and performance management systems
- Identifying opportunities and overcoming challenges
Lead a high-performing team
- Adapt your leadership style to the context
- Shape a collaborative, high-performing team culture
- Embrace and leverage team diversity
- Manage across generational and personality differences
Before the course, you will complete a 360-degree feedback survey and an assessment tool, which will inform key strengths and development areas. Feedback will be debriefed by experienced coaches, who will help you translate the feedback into measurable, actionable goals that will shape you as a leader.
Over four days, you will work with fellow emerging managers to tackle challenges and practice the skills that will take you into the next phase of your career. Your experience will culminate in the creation of a personal action plan to transform learning into immediate action, with a progress check-in by your coach one month after the program.
Saul is a management consultant, facilitator and coach with over twenty years leadership experience in financial services and ICT. He has a passion for driving business performance through people and a keen interest in innovation, the way leaders and organisations foster and harness the creative ...
For the past thirty-five years I have been practicing as an organisational psychologist with a special interest in assisting individuals, groups and organisations lead and manage change. I have come to appreciate that almost all change at any level, involves different combinations of losses and g...
Sally White is an organisational psychologist holding both a masters and a PhD in Clinical Psychology. For more than two decades, Sally has worked with organisations across the Asia Pacific to develop the leadership capability of people managers. Sally White is an organisational psychologist h...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.