This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Efficient stock flow as well as good record keeping and stock accounting are indispensable activities for good organizational performance. Essentially, effective stores operations help to reduce wastages and costs as well as ensure uninterrupted flow of activities. However, most store officers and supervisors are not adequately equipped to perform stores functions.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Analyze the issues and concepts associated with warehouse and stores management.
- Expose participants to systems that effectively manage warehousing and stores activities.
- Provide participants with the tools to accurately measure performance objectives.
- Construct practical steps that reduce obsolescence and write-offs.
- Develop effective decision making skills.
- Different types of supply-chain
- Supply-Chain Elements
- Basic Communication Concepts
- Business communication Patterns
Warehousing and Distribution
- Warehouse Function
- How many Warehouses?
- The Distribution Function
- Warehouse Processes: Receipts, Picking and Dispatch
Stock Control and Warehouse Processes
- Setting order levels
- Stock Rotation and Adjustments
- Meeting customer orders
- Stock Taking
Health and Safety in Stores Methods and Equipment
- Warehouse structures
- Loading bays
- Selecting fork lift trucks
- Selecting racking
- Implications for warehouse layouts
- Operational timings and planning
Health, Safety & Security
- Duty of care
- Inspections and risk assessments-task analysis
- Equipment maintenance and care
- Recognizing health and safety risks
- Raising people’s awareness
Managing and Controlling Operations
- Controlling operations
- Planning operations
- Performance measurement
- Financial planning
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is recommended for storekeepers, warehouse managers and warehouse supervisors who wish to enhance their current skills in managing stores and warehouses.