Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for storekeepers, warehouse managers and warehouse supervisors who wish to enhance their current skills in managing stores and warehouse.
About the course
This course offers a general introduction to the roles expected by anyone in a storekeeping position. The different stores operations are explained in detail to better appreciate the position of a storekeeper in the company operations. This course focuses more on actual case studies and how to better improve performance.
The course will examines the fundamental areas of practical management and relates them to a stores environment as well as considering particular elements essential to the management of inventory.
Warehouse and Distribution
- Warehouse Function
- How many Warehouses?
- The Distribution Function
- Warehouse Processes: Receipts, Picking and Dispatch
Stock Control and Warehouse Processes
- Setting order levels
- Stocks Rotation and Adjustments
- Meeting customer orders
- Stock Taking
Health and Safety in Stores Methods and Equipment
- Warehouse structures
- Loading bays
- Selecting fork lift trucks
- Selecting racking
- Implications for warehouse layouts
- Operational timings and planning
Health, Safety & Security
- Duty of care
- Inspections and risk assessments-task analysis
- Equipment maintenance and care
- Recognizing health and safety risks
- Raising people’s awareness
Managing and Controlling Operations
- Controlling operations
- Planning operations
- Performance measurement
- Financial planning
Effective Warehouse Supervision
- Warehouse supervision cycle
- Objectives, accountabilities and responsibilities
- Warehouse Space utilization
- Calculating Space Requirements
- Warehouse Layout
- Warehouse Operations
- Changing Existing Warehouse Layouts
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.