Driving Corporate Performance: Aligning Scorecards and Structure for Strategy Execution
Today's leading companies are finding powerful ways to ensure that their structures, systems, and processes are aligned for optimal execution of their strategy. In Driving Corporate Performance, you will learn how to compete more successfully by implementing powerful performance measurement and management control systems. With a deeper understanding of strategy communication, accountability, and organizational design, you will emerge fully prepared to drive performance and growth in any economy.
Through an in-depth look at the links connecting strategy, organizational structures and systems, and performance measurement, this corporate performance management program improves your ability to actively manage organizational performance and create value. You will return to your organization with the strategic tools to optimize measurement and control systems across all business functions—and to design, motivate, and lead a successful, scalable organization.
Drive strategy down to operations
- Translate your company's mission and business strategy into performance targets and measures
- Implement more effective performance measurement and management control systems
- Build a Balanced Scorecard (BSC) strategy map
- Balance financial and nonfinancial measures
Design and lead a competitive, high-performing organization
- Measure accountability and improve organizational design
- Align front-line employees with your company's strategic objectives
- Enhance competitiveness by better allocating resources to customers
- Build a strong and enduring culture of helping others to succeed
Expand your personal and professional network
- Extend your network by living and working with accomplished executives from various backgrounds, industries, and countries across the globe
- Build relationships with a diverse group of peers who can provide wide-ranging insights into your business challenges and career decisions
What You Will Learn
Through a rich learning experience that includes faculty presentations, global case studies, group discussions, and special sessions, you will explore how leading companies leverage performance measurement and management control systems to evaluate productivity, drive performance, create value, and generate growth.
This corporate performance management program also presents the opportunity to apply your learning through interactive exercises. For example, you will develop a customized strategy map for your organization, identify initiatives for your Balanced Scorecard, and use the Job Design Optimization Tool (JDOT) to measure accountability and resource allocation.
Who should attend
- General managers and senior financial executives who are responsible for designing and implementing systems to measure, monitor, and improve enterprise performance
- Particularly appropriate for: Executives with planning, control, and accounting responsibilities, including business unit heads, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, strategic planning officers, and controllers
Attendance by multiple company representatives will foster teamwork and amplify the program's impact. For example, attendance by general managers or chief operating officers along with senior financial executives enables the organization to better align performance management systems with company strategy and to implement systems more quickly throughout the organization.