Who should attend
Admin Staffs, Document Controller, Secretary HR employees, Managers and Supervisors of all industries who are interested in learning about tomorrows technologies for paperless working environment and minimizing the volume of paper. Additionally, also senior man.
About the course
The aim of this training course is to show you how to deal with papers in an electronic way to get rid of the papers hard copy which takes a lot of space and time. Managing documents and content can be difficult. How do you best way, store and manage the documents and records in your firm? Does your approach meet compliance requirements, regulations and standards? What is the best way to manage electronic documents and records? How do you find the right documents and records when you need them? How does workflow and business process management work with documents and records management to help increase efficiency within your firm?
- Manage/control documents, including folders and forms reduce document distribution costs –no more paper.
- Distribute and view documents costs –no more paper
- Scan, OC, index and archive paper documents.
- Automate other office functions that involve work flows and electronic mail
- Address requirements of ISO 9000 and other regulatory agencies.
- Understand different technologies involved in EDMS
- Manage EDMS projects and justify ROI
- Get hands-on training on some EDMS products
- Evaluate merging standards.
Introduction: Course Objectives & Outline
- EDMS –what is it and Benefits
- The paper flood
- The paperless office
EDMS Components & Document Capture, Distribution & Browsing
- Document capture
- Scanning of documents
- OCR and image processing
- Indexing, archiving and retrieval
Other Sources of Documents
- Word processors/spreadsheets
- Document control
- Audit trails
- Creating forms
- Filling and saving forms/data
Document Distribution: Work flow Management
Document Distribution: Electronic Mail
- Application/independent viewers
- ISO 9000 & others Regulatory Requirements
System Architectures & Platforms
- LAN`s & WANs
- Client Server Architectures
- Technology Options
- Authoring Systems
- Card/folio based systems
- Emerging Standards in EDMS
- Types of Documentation Systems:
- On-Line help System
- On –Line coaches and tutorials
- On –line documentation
- Glossaries Some Representative EDMS Products
- Implementing EDMS
- Off – the-shelf vs. customs systems
- Allocating resources
- EDMS management
- Updating system
- Future topics
- Documents on demand
- Multimedia documents
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.