Who should attend
Professionals at every level working in dynamic, fast-paced organizations
About the course
In this program we present specific skill development tools and frameworks to develop emotional intelligence (EI) by focusing on four principal EI competencies These four include Emotional Self-awareness, Emotional Self-Control, Empathy, and effective Influence. Not only do these serve as an essential core for outstanding leadership, they also serve as potential inhibitors of executive derailment. For upwardly mobile professionals shifting from solo task performance to relationship-based leadership, these competencies that had been less visible now take center stage.
This skill development course will help participants develop their overall leadership ability by increasing their capability in demonstrating the four critical and influential emotional and social competencies.
Participants must have attended Introduction to Emotional Intelligence prior to attending this program, to gain intermediate background knowledge.
- Why the four key emotional and social competencies matter so much
- How do I see myself?
- How do others see me?
- Understanding the full picture: Predicting success and failure
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Leverage and transfer learning from the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence workshop by providing a forum to experiment and practice emotional and social competency behaviors.
- Recognize the importance and impact of Emotional Self-awareness, Emotional Self-control, Empathy, and Influence on leadership capability.
- Learn how to develop emotional and social competencies in sustainable ways through techniques such as feedback seeking behavior and accurate self-assessment.
Academic Division: ManagementScott Taylor is an Associate Professor of organizational behavior at Babson College, a research fellow with the Coaching Research Lab at Case Western Reserve University, and a core member of the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations (CREIO...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.