Who should attend
Although there are no formal education or background requirements, this course is designed for executives who meet the criteria below. While we strongly encourage global participation, please note that all courses are taught in English. Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Years of Experience – This course is designed for professionals with 5+ years of work experience
- Job Functions – Ideal for individuals who have significant leadership responsibilities
- Prerequisites – This program is designed for individuals who wish to better understand and develop their skills and propensity to lead others
About the course
As you rise in your career, you will need multiple and often conflicting constituencies on board to follow your vision. But if you don’t lead, others will not follow. Following the premise that leadership is a skill to acquire and master, rather than a genetic inheritance, this course will provide a framework and template for your journey to becoming a great leader.
Designed for those who wish to better understand and further develop their potential and propensity to lead others, this course will help you hone some of the essential self-reflective skills necessary to give form and substance to your vision. To achieve these objectives, we combine a variety of pedagogical approaches: lectures, group discussions, case analysis, videos, and self-assessments. Emphasis is placed on self-reflection and linking the concepts from the program to participants’ own objectives and development as leaders.
- Case Analysis – Analyze real life cases from diverse contexts in order to gain a more fine-tuned idea of the scope and limitations of leadership
- Self-Assessment – Identify, comprehend, and critique assumptions and attitudes towards leaders and leading
- Road Map – Design a personal and actionable leadership road map to guide them through their career choices
Session 1: Introduction to Leadership Framework
- Introduction to the myth and reality of leadership
- Dimensions of leadership: Definitions
Session 2: Leadership in Action: A Leader’s Story
- Dynamics between leaders and followers
- Dimensions of leadership: Self-Assessment Exercises
- Leadership in action: A leader’s story
Day 1 Conclusion and Evaluations
Session 3: Leaders and Followers
- Leadership in action: Different leaders in different domains
- Leadership life cycle
- Dynamics between leaders and followers: Self-Assessment Exercises
Session 4: Personal Plan for Developing Leadership Skills
- Perils of leadership
- Potentials, pitfalls and plans: Personal leadership roadmap
- Individual and team exercises and debrief
- Learning to lead: Program summary and takeaways
Program Conclusion and Evaluations
Professor R. Kabaliswaran ('Kabi') has been with the faculty of Management at NYU since 2002. Professor Kabaliswaran had his initial education in India. A National Merit Scholar, he had his undergraduate education in engineering at IIT Madras. Subsequently, based on his undergraduate thesis, he ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.