Who should attend
This program is targeted towards buyers, contract administrators, project managers, program managers, and executive directors.
About the course
Construction is a unique field of acquisition and contracting that necessitates its own set of rules and procedures. Doing so ensures best value for the agency, school district, university or organization as well as what is necessary to protect the entity. Unlike other purchasing or contracting ventures, dollar amount is not the only indicator or benchmark of associated risk in construction. Many public sector organizations have identified the need for managing this effectively and professionally and established either a separate manual for the purchase of construction and remodeling projects or as a subset of their organization’s purchasing procedures manual.
Join us to learn best practices to manage a construction purchase and position your organization to avoid costly overruns, a contractor-run project or a “legacy acquisition.”
In this session, participants will:
- Review a Construction Purchasing Manual (CPM) currently in use by a public sector entity;
- Consider development of customized material for a CPM and the corresponding forms to meet a specific organization’s needs; and,
Learn to identify:
- construction program deliverables (including deadlines),
- safety issues, and project accountability and transparency for any public sector entity (i.e., institutions of higher education, school districts, city, county, or state organizations).
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Ensure the efficacy of the transaction;
- Develop an audit-proof plan;
- Build and maintain a construction purchasing manual (CPM);
- Determine the most beneficial templates for a project;
- Create a checklist to avoid omissions of necessary tasks; and
- Improve an existing construction purchasing manual.
Prior to starting his own firm in 1991, William Agee, C.P.M., C.E.M, CMN, CPE, CPP, CPIM, SSBB, was a vice president in a large international management, consulting, and educational firm specializing in world class education, financial reviews and audits, procurement service, quality management, ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.