Who should attend
This course is intended for all personnel involved in Production and Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Procurement, Materials Management, International Logistics Management especially in the field of oil & gas petrochemical industry, contract, buyer, procurement, custom clearance, logistics and other stakeholders, ‘technical, finance, etc’.
About the course
The recent development around us shows us that the world is fast growing. For these developments to take place it requires more than just one field in operation. For instance, in a construction process there are so many groups of entrepreneurs involved like suppliers, buyers and builders. The relationships among these parties are maintained by forming contract. A contract is a legal agreement made between two or more parties for a delivery of certain services in return for money or any other value. In past, promises were made in place of contract where in several disputes arose; due to which the legal entities are made in modern times. This course taken into consideration here belongs to the construction industry sector however there may also be certain sections relating to other industrial sectors. This shall be due to the fact that the latest trend in carrying out any project entails integration of various engineering sectors.
In a civil engineering construction contracts the Contractor obligates to carry out works of construction and other ancillary obligations. Majority of the civil engineering works are performed under the contract which requires the Contractor to finish the work and the Client to pay for it. The main functions of a contract are:
- To specify the work to be done,
- The amount to be paid,
- To assign responsibility to the concerned parties to finish the work and
- Decide who takes charge for the unexpected events if they occur.
Based on these, there are different types of contracts used in the construction industry; this course focused to explore them.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Investigate different types of contract strategy in construction industry and factors that are considered for the use of appropriate ones for the given project situations.
- To examine the concept of contract strategy.
- To investigate the different contract strategies used in construction industries.
- To interrogate the role of contract strategy in project management.
- To examine the implications of contractual variations in construction industries.
- To compare and evaluate changes in a project by applying the Traditional contract strategy with the new engineering contract systems.
- To look into the merits and demerits of various contract procedures for the given situation
- Aim & Objectives
- Scope And Limitations
- Definitions Key Words
- Definitions Of Contract Strategy
- Importance Of Contract Strategy
- Role Of The Client
- Contract Strategy And Project Management
- Contract Strategy And Risk Management
BACK GROUND TO CONTRACT STRATEGY: EXISTING PRACTICE
- Procurement Selection Criteria
- Types Of Procurement Methods (Tendering)
- Terms Of Payment
REVIEWS OF CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
- Standard Forms Of Contract
- Traditional Contract
- Innovative Contracting Mechanisms
- Different Forms Of Contract
- EXERCISE for Direct effects and Indirect effects in contract
- Changes in contract price using Traditional method
- Evaluation of BOQ with the separation of method-related charges
- Evaluation using NEC forms of contract
- COMPARISON OF TRADITIONAL CONTRACTS WITH NEC
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF FUTURE PROJECTS
- Related Videos
- Over View case Study
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.