ICTD International Centre for Training and Development
Conflict Management in Workplace Environment
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Conflict management plays a very important role in preventing conflicts among individuals. How does a conflict arise? When individuals strongly oppose each other’s opinions and ideas, the probability of a conflict arises. A conflict starts when individuals think on different lines and find it very difficult to accept each other’s ideas. Conflict must be avoided as it destroys the peace, lowers the productivity as well as de-motivates the individuals. All the factors leading to a fight must be explored and efforts must be made to prevent a conflict. A conflict is not very easy to control; an individual needs certain skills for the same.
Conflict situations are an important aspect of the workplace. A conflict is a situation when the interests, needs, goals or values of involved parties interfere with one another. A conflict is a common incident in the workplace.
This program is design to provide you the skills and techniques to manage conflict.
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Learn about conflict and how to manage it.
- Know the ingredients of conflicts
- 8 Essential steps to conflict management
- Learn the various techniques to manage conflict
- Use immediately the techniques to manage conflict at workplace.
- Introduction to Conflict Management
- Understanding what is Conflict?
- A new view of conflict
- Five popular (But ineffective) approaches to conflict resolution.
- Ingredients of Conflicts
- Conflict partnership process
- 8 Essential steps to conflict resolution and management
- Step1: Create an effective atmosphere
- Step 2: Clarify perceptions
- Step 3: Focus on Individual and shared needs
- Step 4: Build shared positive power
- Step 5: Look to the future, then learn from the past.
- Step 6: Generate options
- Step 7: Develop “Doable” the stepping stones to action.
- Step 8: Make mutual benefit agreement.
- Various conflict resolution and management techniques
- Conflict management styles and application
- Other skills
- Dealing with anger
- When you feel unsure about controlling someone
- Case studies
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Individuals and managers wanting to learn how to deal with many forms of conflict in the workplace.