Who should attend
The course is suitable for support and executive staff members, who want to prevent escalation of conflict, who wish to for those who wish to resolve existing problems and to polish interpersonal, team and EQ competencies. It is also highly suitable for teams who wish to explore and resolve conflicts and build synergy and effectiveness.
About the course
Conflict management plays a very important role in preventing conflicts among individuals. How does a conflict arise? When individuals strongly oppose each other’s opinions and ideas, the probability of a conflict arises. A conflict starts when individuals think on different lines and find it very difficult to accept each other’s ideas. Conflict must be avoided as it destroys the peace, lowers the productivity as well as de-motivates the individuals. All the factors leading to a fight must be explored and efforts must be made to prevent a conflict. A conflict is not very easy to control; an individual needs certain skills for the same.
Conflict situations are an important aspect of the workplace. A conflict is a situation when the interests, needs, goals or values of involved parties interfere with one another. A conflict is a common incident in the work place. This training is design to provide you the skills and techniques to manage conflict.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Learn about conflict and how too manage it.
- Know the ingredients of conflicts
- 8 Essential steps to conflict management
- Learn the various techniques to manage conflict
- Use immediately the techniques to manage conflict at workplace
- Use structured format to manage conflict
- Personal Action Plan – activities
- Observer’s checklist – for feedback and managing
- Introduction to Conflict Management
- Understanding what is Conflict?
- A new view of conflict
- Five popular (But ineffective) approaches to conflict resolution.
- Ingredients of Conflicts
- Conflict partnership process
- 8 Essential steps to conflict resolution and management
- Step1: Create an effective atmosphere
- Step 2: Clarify perceptions
- Step 3: Focus on Individual and shared needs
- Step 4: Build shared positive power
- Step 5: Look to the future, then learn form the past.
- Step 6: Generate options
- Step 7: Develop “Doable” the stepping stones to action.
- Step 8: Make mutual benefit agreement.
- Various conflict resolution and management techniques
- Conflict management styles and application
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.