Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This workshop is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- Human Resources personnel
- Learning and Development personnel
- Talent Development specialist
- Line Managers
About the course
It has become increasing important to be able to objectively assess the competency of personnel with an organization, whether for reviews, interviews, promotion, performance management, as some typical examples, in order to assess their technical capability or defining talent and high potential. This highly interactive workshop has been specifically tailored to aid those who have to design, develop or implement competencies and competency framework systems within their organization; this includes behavioral as well as technical competencies.
The methods and information gained on this training workshop can be utilized within any organization. You will learn the key aspects of defining terminology related to competency systems, how to develop and refine your system and finally the key factors involved with implementing this into the organization as part of the culture.
This workshop is essential development for those who are directly involved with competencies and competency frameworks.
This workshop will feature:
- The design factors that need to be considered when considering a competency framework system
- How to define and write competencies for your organisation in line with business objectives – both behavioural as well as technical
- The development factors required to ensure that the competency framework system is fit for purpose and provides value to the organization
- The planning, communication and training requirements to implement the competency framework system into the business
- The reviewing of the competency framework system to ensure continual on-going improvement
## Course Objectives
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand, as well as define, competency and competencies
- Apply techniques to develop, design and implement a business competency framework system for the organisation
- Improve the objective assessment of personnel in the organisation
- Create and write competency terms for the framework, whether behavioural or technical
- Implement a full roll-out programme to ensure compliance and engagement in the competency framework system
## Course Outline
Designing the Competency System
Competency Description: This will focus on the definitions and key design factors to incorporate within the system.
- Defining terminology
- Conceptual thinking
- Data gathering
- Results orientation
- Decision making
Topics to be covered:
- Why have a framework? Defining the business purpose (removed bullet)
- Competency/competencies and competence/competences – what’s the difference?
- Aligning the required competencies to business objectives
- Framework structure: technical or behavioural – specific or generic?
- Data gathering methods
- Utilization of the system: on line or paper-based
Developing the Competency Framework
Competency Description: This day will focus on the assessment criteria, correct terminology as well as examples of good and bad frameworks to aid the creation of the competency framework ready for implementation.
- Analyzing situations and data
- Objective creativity
- Testing and analyzing concepts
- Reviewing for continual improvement
Topics to be covered:
- Assessment factors
- Creating and writing the framework terminology
- Examples of frameworks: keep it simple
- Testing and Calibrating the competency framework
- Review the framework: continual improvement
Implementation and Assessment of the System
Competency Description: The final day will focus on the strategy and planning of implementation, as well as those who have to use the system.
- Strategy planning
- Business communication planning
- Training and development
- Organisational engagement
- Review of data
Topics to be covered:
- Implementation strategy plan
- Communication plan to ensure full co-operation and buy-in
- Developing a training strategy of those using the system
- Recording and analysis of the system data
- Review and feedback of the system
- Next steps
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.