Coaching and Motivating in the Workplace
How do you create and sustain an environment of achievement in the workplace? How do you encourage higher performance from your staff? This course offers techniques that go beyond recognition programs and financial incentives. Motivate your team by having inspirational conversations, providing clear direction, offering tools for improvement and guiding our most challenging employees to positive outcomes. These techniques can change behaviors, attitudes, and skills in a way that will measurably benefit your entire organization.
How You Will Benefit
- Develop and communicate clear expectations
- Understand the essential steps of delegation
- Assess the impact of motivation on performance and a person’s ability to take on tasks
- Coach for immediate and long-term performance improvement
- Increase accountability
- Create a self-coaching culture
- Positively guide difficult employees to constructive outcomes
- Identify how belief systems influence behaviors
- Role-play to resolve real-life scenarios you can use to make improvements right away
Day 1 - Coaching
- Discover how coaching and motivating others is the best time management tool you can use
- Define the distinctions between coaching, managing and mentoring
- Explore the Art of the Question as the key skill in coaching
- Understand self-efficacy, it’s role in coaching and how to support the development of self-efficacy in employees
- Learn a protocol for effective feedback within the coaching model
- Practice real-life coaching scenarios so you can take action when you return to work
Day 2 - Engagement
- Review the principles of motivation and the distinctions between motivation and engagement (motivation 2.0)
- Use assessments to find out what is important to workers
- Discover the importance of appreciation and how to deliver it effectively
- Define your vision, mission, and values and how to support others through alignment with their vision, mission and values
- Explore generational differences and how they affect engagement
- Develop a best practices list of how to keep employees engaged
Day 3 - Putting It All Together
- Learn to guide your most challenging employees to better outcomes
- Learn to "coach up" safely and effectively
- Drive accountability by creating a self-coaching culture
- Set up peer coaching to support your integration and implementation of these concepts
Day 1 - Includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and dinner
- Check-In and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Day 2 - Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Day 3 – Includes breakfast, lunch, and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30–8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Who should attend
Managers who want to re-energize the efforts of their direct reports, find creative ways to motivate individuals, improve the overall work environment, and handle difficult coaching situations more effectively; executives from organizations of any size and in any industry.