Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Do you want to organise and develop a top-class sales function?
The Level 5 Sales Leadership and Management certificate programme, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace. This programme is aimed at sales managers and leaders who wish to develop and improve their abilities to operate functionally and foster a culture of positive performance. It will equip you with the core knowledge, competencies and behaviours to work effectively as leaders and managers.
This programme will help you to develop the qualities needed to lead and manage individuals and teams and will provide you with a broader knowledge to help you be more effective in specific management areas. Following the completion of this programme, you will be equipped with a fully comprehensive bank of the skills and knowledge to deliver aims and objectives in line with your business’ organisational strategy.
How can a CMI Leadership and Management qualification help your career?
Created in collaboration with employers, CMI qualifications are designed to provide learners with the tools, support and guidance needed to take on any professional challenge.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management programme has been tailored specifically for Sales Leaders. This training programme will give you a broader knowledge of the fundamental management theories and models to best improve your practical management abilities.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate accreditation is designed for practising managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core leadership skills.
As soon as you start your CMI Leadership and Management course, you will develop valuable competencies and knowledge that you can put in to practice when you return to the office in your management role. You will also enhance and refine your current skillset.
Over 80% of managers agreed their management and leadership qualification improved their performance and by transferring their new skills to the workplace, almost all have seen a vast improvement in their team’s performance.
81% of managers say that taking a management qualification has resulted in increased professional recognition, with most stating that employers prefer qualified managers when recruiting.
On successful completion of the CMI assignments following attendance on our programme, the learner will have a nationally recognised accredited qualification which will benefit you and future employers.
The CMI Certificate accreditation comprises of three module courses and an accreditation process.
Day 1 - Resilient Leadership
While salespeople will find success when they lead with empathy, they will find (may also deliver) greater success when they respond with resilience. The aim of this session is to identify the managers own leadership style and how resilience will support leaders in their role.
- Explore your own leadership style and consider your personal resilience levels. Specify leadership challenges and concerns
- Define what resilience means to the individual, and how this will support leaders in their roles
- Examine case studies and examples of best practice in resilient leadership at both a personal and organisational level
- Identify and apply theoretical models, including Transactional Analysis, to delegates’ real-world scenarios. Consider leadership communication, and how to approach challenges and under-performance in team members
- Recognise the barriers involved in leading through organisational change, and consider best practice approaches to successfully implementing changes whilst providing support and consideration to employee welfare
Day 2 - Managing Sales Performance: Team and Individual
- Understand the principles of developing, managing and leading individuals and teams is crucial to driving success
- Evaluate the role of managing performance in terms of crucial metrics and the impact on the wider organisation and how to communicate this to the team
- Identify the core skills, attributes and behaviours of an effective team leader as a developer of people
- Review your own strengths and consider how you can maximise your positive impact before considering any areas for personal development
- Analyse essential skills in communication including appropriate use of language, neurological levels of communication and a range of tools and techniques for ensuring your message is clearly received and understood
- Recognise the leader’s role in supporting and developing staff members; identify how performance management processes can effectively support high performance and development
- Learn and apply some effective coaching techniques, including the GROW model to develop individual Action Plans for improving performance
- Enhance your approach to manging teams and individuals working remotely so that colleagues can deliver their best performance working away from the office.
Day 3 - Sales Management and leading through times of change
- Focus on delivering performance during Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) change
- Articulate the reasons why change projects fail, and the impact of change on salespeople in organisations
- Positively use change as an opportunity to enhance performance and develop resilience in individuals, teams and the organisation
- Identify methods to developing and building trust within teams
- Examine the best approaches to overcoming challenges of managing remote and virtual teams
- Discover techniques to break down silos to foster greater collaboration and efficiency in the overall operation
- Review the five dysfunctions of a team and understand how dysfunctions in teams can be addressed and resolved?
- Conclude what high performing, cohesive teams look like
*Assessment and Accreditation *
The Assessment and Accreditation process follows the completion of the three modules and will focus on the practical assessment of the core competencies. Assessment is via practical work-based assignments which ensure minimal time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.