Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Coaching and mentoring in the workplace can make employees more valuable to your organisation by developing and enhancing skills, increasing employee engagement, skill level and buy in to organisation direction and management.
The Institute of Leadership and Management Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring qualification empowers practicing managers and professionals with the knowledge skills and confidence to introduce coaching and mentoring into the workplace and perform effectively as management coaches.
Explore the management of coaching as well as developing skills, confidence and competence of those coaching at a managerial level. This qualification will enable you to increase efficiencies, retain talent, set and drive positive behaviours while providing a platform for effective communication.
Designed for managers with responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of their day-to-day role. This qualification will support you through a transition into a development role in your organisation.
Benefits for individuals include:
- Powerful, inspirational communication skills
- Increased openness to opportunities for personal learning and development
- Ability to create targeted performance improvements for self, individuals, teams and businesses
- Develop the ability to support others through change, and become resilient when challenged
- Develop self-awareness and leadership capability
Benefits for the organisation include:
- Enhanced commitment of individuals and their delivery of continuous improvement and better engagement
- Higher organisational performance and productivity
- Facilitates the adoption of a new culture or management change
- Supports cost reduction and business growth
A skilled coach or mentor is an invaluable asset to any organisation. As well as increasing confidence and motivation, ILM’s coaching and mentoring qualifications improve management performance, conflict resolution and communication and interpersonal skills.
Our latest research has found that coaching and mentoring can positively impact the workplace in a variety of ways:
- Stronger teams
- Support for talented employees
- Improved ability to align to the organisation’s culture and ethos with employees’
- A more inclusive culture
- Improved employee satisfaction scores and staff retention
- Increased independent thinking and working
Create an excellent foundation for a career in development or as an independent coach and mentor. Learners will carry out supervised coaching and mentoring sessions and review and plan professional development.
This is a highly practical, experiential and for many, transformational course which focuses on development and refining of coaching competencies, combined with learning tools, techniques and approaches.
We deliver the ILM Level 5 in partnership with Chapel House. Chapel House are a UK based, accredited, professional training and consultancy organisation with programmes, projects and packages available across the globe.
Ready to start your assignments?
Once you have completed the two modules and are ready to start your assignments, you will be registered with the ILM and will have up to three years to complete the three mandatory assignments. Salford Professional Development are always there at the end of a phone if you have any queries regarding your assignments. We recommend you join the monthly tutorials that are either face to face or via conference call.
- What is coaching, and the differences between coaching and mentoring
- The benefits of coaching for you and your organisation
- The skills and attributes of a safe, effective coach
- Understand and apply underpinning psychological concepts that support coaching, including Neurological Levels, NLP and Transactional Analysis.
- How to begin a coaching conversation, apply effective models such as GROW, OSKAR and SUCCESS, and ask effective coaching questions.
- Hold professional standard coaching and mentoring conversations in a safe, supervised environment, and receive feedback.
- Identification of when coaching is, and is not an appropriate approach
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.