Who should attend
Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Project leaders who have responsibility to lead / implement organizational changes – examples of organizational change include: process improvements, technology implementation, organizational restructuring, mergers, acquisitions, strategy implementation, etc.
About the course
Businesses don’t succeed by standing still. Close scrutiny of products, services, and systems will always reveal room for positive change. And helping people handle change by adapting to new realities and adopting new behaviors is one of the toughest challenges managers face today. Without the right leadership and communication skills, even the best decisions will be difficult to implement.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn the 10 steps to effectively implement organizational change
- Reduce resistance and enhance commitment to change initiatives
- Employ various techniques and strategies for dealing with stakeholders to build their commitment
- Help leaders learn to be effective sponsors of change
- Learn about the emotional and psychological “transitions” that occur when people go through significant change and strategies for effectively helping people transition more effectively
Day 1 - Understand the Forces For and Against Change
- Understand the impact of change on your employees
- Develop a change plan
- Examine the Kurt Lewin change theory, along with other theories of change
- Explore six change strategies that reduce resistance and enhance commitment to change initiatives
Day 2 - How to Build an Effective Change Implementation Plan
- Learn a change leadership model and how to apply it in a complex change environment
- Employ different strategies for dealing with various stakeholders
- Develop your personal resilience in the face of resistance
- Understand how systems thinking can help manage complex change
- Grasp the essentials of change planning and apply them to different change scenarios
FIRST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and dinner
- Check-In and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
LAST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Jeff specializes in working with companies to improve organizational performance and productivity through expertise in change management and business transformation. He has held general management and senior human resource positions with BP/Amoco, Hewitt, Sears, Spiegel, and for the past 10 years...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.