Who should attend
- Senior leaders of nonprofit organizations
- Senior public sector leaders, government leaders, educational institution leaders, leaders of faith-based organizations and NGO leaders
- All forward thinking senior leaders
About the course
For experienced nonprofit leaders and executives responsible for leading change initiatives, large or small, in their nonprofit organizations, this program focuses on developing the skills essential in preparing for and leading change.
In this program, you will explore processes necessary to prepare your organization for change, learn frameworks from which to lead the change and understand tools needed to create an organizational culture that embraces change. Additionally, you will learn how to communicate the needed change to your key stakeholders. You will leave equipped and empowered to deliver maximum leadership value to your organization through organizational transformation.
- Diagnose the need for change in your organization
- Identify change management frameworks to support your transformational efforts
- Develop a strategic approach to your organization’s change culture
- Learn to communicate your vision and ideas, effectively, through visualization
- Equip yourself with key tools for leading organizational changes in the future
Preparing for Change
- Learn approaches to reading situations, people, and organizations, as well as how to lead change and influence people
- Identify tactics for leading lExplore the barriers to transforming organizational culture in response to change and understand how to overcome resistance Learn to create an orarge-scale organizational change efficiently and effectively
Leading Organizational Change: Transforming Org Culture
- Explore the barriers to transforming organizational culture in response to change and understand how to overcome resistance
- Learn to create an organizational environment and culture that embraces change
- Understand five key principles that help organizations pursue change and boost performance
Communicating for Change: The Science of Whole-Brain Persuasion
- Learn how to assure that your ideas for the future may be communicated effectively, through persuasive presentation
- Identify strategies for using compelling visuals, concrete stories and familiar metaphors to engage your stakeholders
- Learn how to make your message stick and inspire action as a leader
Professor Carroll is a Clinical Associate Professor and the Director of the Management Communication Program at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. As a member of the faculty, she develops curriculum and teaches in the areas of leadership, change management and organizat...
Steven Franconeri is leading scientist, teacher, and speaker on visual thinking, visual communication, and the psychology of data visualization. He is a Professor of Psychology in the Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences at Northwestern, Director of the Northwestern Cognitive Science Program, ...
Bernard (Bernie) Banks is a noted expert on the subjects of leadership and organizational change. Currently, he is the Associate Dean for Leadership Development and a Clinical Professor of Management at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. As an Associate Dean, Bernie possesses...
Holly Raider is the Associate Dean of Academic and Faculty Initiatives, Managing Director of Executive Education and a Clinical Professor of Management. Holly has published research on career development, economic transactions, and technology management. She holds a B.A. from Barnard College and ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.