Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Women who want to start or operate their own business, join an early-stage startup, invest in or advise a new company, pitch a new venture at their current workplace or become leaders.
About the course
The number of female-owned businesses in the United States has soared in recent years. One major study found that the number of these companies increased nearly five times faster than overall business growth between 2007 and 2018. As Angela Braly, the former CEO of WellPoint Health Networks, once said, "The most important factor in determining whether you will succeed isn't your gender, it's you. Be open to opportunity and take risks.”
This certificate program explores the fundamental principles of entrepreneurship that are paramount for success in today’s business climate. You’ll learn what makes for a compelling vision and how to craft a business plan to execute that vision. We’ll examine all major aspects of founding and operating a business — finance, sales and marketing, HR, management and more — and discuss common traits of successful startups. We’ll also explore key roles within the broader entrepreneurial ecosystem.
What you’ll learn
- How to refine your vision to design a business model and implement a winning business strategy
- Methods for defining customer segments, needs and pain points and for optimizing sales and marketing channels
- Essential skills for budgeting, financial modeling, forecasting, and risk assessment and mitigation
- Strategies for pitching a proposal to investors, partners and management
- Insights on your leadership style and tips for overcoming common barriers facing women in the workplace
- Build and pitch your business plan and get guidance and inspiration from established entrepreneurs and investors
- Work in teams to evaluate and support each other’s ideas
- Reflect on how to leverage your strengths with the guidance of a leadership coach
Christy Johnson brings a wealth of experience as a leader and strategist to the classroom. She has been recognized as an entrepreneur and educator focused on creativity, strategy and the value of human capital. She has seven years of experience working with C-level executives, including almost fo...
Aditi Patil is an executive coach and senior learning and development specialist at Wipfli, LLP. In her role, Patil curates and creates leadership development programming for the firm's associates. Originally from Mumbai, India, she has more than a decade of experience spanning leadership roles i...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.