This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
From startups to corporate giants, the challenge of attracting, hiring and retaining great employees remains a constant. Skilled human resources professionals play an important role in tackling this challenge and are in high demand today. Entry-level roles such as HR specialist, recruiting coordinator and payroll analyst have become a pathway to a thriving career in just about any industry.
In this certificate program, you’ll learn the foundational competencies required to succeed as an HR professional. We’ll explore the functional areas connected with this role: operations, recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee retention and morale, performance management, payroll, and compliance with all applicable employment policies and regulations. Acquire the range of knowledge and skills needed to break into this dynamic field.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The scope of an HR professional’s responsibilities and how to succeed as part of an HR team
- Human resources information systems (HRIS) and simple data analysis tools for HR reporting and decision making
- How to ensure compliance with organizational policies and regulations regarding sensitive issues
- Ways to foster workplace ethics and advance diversity and inclusion goals
- How HR functional areas work and how to apply your HR skills to common problems in each area
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Practice what you’ve learned in group-based simulations of various HR cases and scenarios
- Do data analysis using spreadsheets and practice data-based reporting
- Create a project plan that includes communication strategies and measures of success
Who should attend
Those looking to enter the human resources field, including early-career professionals and individuals who want to transition from other job roles into this field.
Trust the experts
Ashley Smith is vice president of People Strategy and leads Human Resources, Learning and Development, and Recruiting at Vera Whole Health. Core to her role is building and developing a clinical care team with the right fit for both Vera and the customer’s organizational culture. Smith holds mor...
Rupert Bader is the leader of Expedia’s people analytics team, a group passionate about getting the right people-related information into the hands of leaders so they can accelerate the company’s progress in the global travel market. Bader has led efforts across Expedia to move to one consistent ...
Ranodda DeChambeau has worked in the training and development field for more than 30 years and is currently an internal organizational development consultant at Puget Sound Energy. Over her career, her responsibilities have included leadership and employee development, onboarding programs and tra...