Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The programme is for aspiring leaders in the corporate sector, who want to get updated in their knowledge base in mid-career. Participants must have a graduate degree with a strong academic background. Ideal work experience would be a minimum of 10 years in mid-size to large organizations. Participants nominated by their organizations should presently be in/expected tomove into general management roles after attending this programme. Therefore they should possess a demonstrated ability to adapt, learn, and apply new knowledge and skills in varying business situations. Self-sponsored candidates are also eligible to apply. As the programme is designed to be quite demanding, the participants are expected to be willing to work long hours and interact with and learn from other participants.
About the course
This unique management development programme has been designed with the objective of enhancing the leadership competencies and effectiveness of Senior Management. In essence, it is a capsuled management programme aimed to facilitate senior executives transform into more competent leaders. In addition, the programme is expected to be effective for middle management / functional heads as well, to enable them transit seamlessly into senior leadership roles. This programme attempts to equip executives in the Senior Management cadre with a holistic, integrated and strategic view of the business. In doing so, it seeks to raise the viewpoint from a functional excellence perspective to a higher vantage point – such as, building strategic focus, transformational leadership and crisis management acumen. Also the programme, being fully residential, will provide an opportunity to the participants to network across a varied range of businesses and sectors. In order to foster an application-oriented learning, the programme would involve an opportunity to work on a live project, preferably with a joint mentorship of industry and faculty of IIM Calcutta.
- Introduce participants to recent developments in theory and practice of management relating to core business functions and disciplines.
- Help participants learn to formulate an integrated approach for identifying organizational problems, finding solutions and decision making.
- Provide an opportunity to the participants to understand their Self, explore their personal leadership philosophy and style, with a view to reinventing their leadership skills.
- Handle technology challenges and incorporate its key elements in business processes.
- Probing into the ever changing business landscape at the global and domestic levels.
Exploring Leadership styles and HRM systems
- Exploring Self: Leadership styles and Interpersonal Competencies
- Strategic Leadership
- Preparing for Stepping into Board positions Understanding
- Organizational cultures and structures
- Design thinking in HRM systems and Strategic HRM
- Transformational Leadership
- Organizational renewal and change
- Managing transitions, fluxes and uncertainties
- Leaders as Change Agents: Leading Structural and
- Behavioral Change
Mentoring & Coaching
- Effective team building
- Developing and Mentoring talent
- Contemporary developments in managing talent
Persuasion & Consensus Building
- Influencing others by negotiation and persuasion skills
- Conflict Management - Managing conflict and cooperation
- Persuading Millennials; Using effective tools of Persuasion
- Persuading sceptical audiences
- Strategic thinking
- Honing a strategic thinking ability: To visualize the bigpicture, have a long term perspective, develop vision, formulate strategy and link to execution
- Developing an Innovative and Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Decision-making models
- Competitive Strategy
- Competition in products and platforms
- Corporate governance and managing multi-stakeholder interests
- Understanding Business Drivers
- Business models
- Financing structures
VUCA in Global Economy, policy environment and countryrisk analysis
- Understanding the current Business Context – Domesticand Global economy
- Riding through Uncertain Times - Possible threats from the rise of economic nationalism in advanced countries, trade war, assessing Opportunities and Risks for Investment
- A Framework for Assessing Risks
- Assessing Investment Risk in Developing Economies withspecial reference to BRIC Economies;
- Assessing the Need for Risk Insurance
- The Business Environment Risk Intelligence (BERI) Index
Regulatory Framework for Business
- Regulatory Framework of Joint Ventures
- Regulatory Framework of Corporate restructuring
- Competition Law and Anti-Trust Regulations
- Public Offers and fund raising
- Strategic management of Intellectual Property
Operations Strategy and Supply Chain Design
- Customer-centric Operations
- Operations and supply chain optimization framework
- Capacity management
- Strategic sourcing
- Supply contracts
- Performance measures in global supply chains
- Operations forensics
Financial Innovations and Financial Planning
- Capital markets and Financial Institutions
- Making and managing capital investment decisions
- Managing sustainable growth through working capital
- Private equity and venture capital: Strategic Investment/financing
- Business Alliances (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Translating Business Strategy to Market Strategy
- Customer-Centricity and Market Leadership
- Managing the Value Vs Volume conundrum
- Go-to- market Strategies
- Market development
- Product development
- Pricing strategies
- Managing the Product Life Cycle
- Managing Customer Journeys: The role of social media,Learning from Neuro marketing
- Branding Strategy
- Branding: Challenges & Opportunities
- Winning the Brand battle: How powerful brands face competition
- Brand Evaluation: Consolidation, Extension, Deletion, Repositioning Brands
- The Future of Branding and latest thinking
- Envisioning Digital Strategies
- Driving Digital Transformation
- Bridging IT Environments
- Data driven decision making
Prof. Peeyush Mehta is a Professor of Operations Management at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Prior to this, he was a faculty in the Department of Industrial & Management Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He obtained his doctoral degree from the Indian In...
Partha Ray is currently Professor of Economics at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta where he teaches Macroeconomics, Global Political Economy and Issues in Monetary Policy. During 2007 – 2011 he was Adviser to the Executive Director (India) at the International Monetary Fund, Washingto...
Amit Dhiman is an Associate Professor in the Human Resource Management Group, and has been associated with IIMC since 2008. He is a Fellow of IIM Ahmedabad and holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management and BE degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has worked for more than seven years in i...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.