In today’s business environment, it is essential that the writing and speaking skills are of the highest professional standard. How well you communicate can make or break your own professional image as well as perceptions of your organisation. It directly influences how others view your work and performance, as well as your prospects for career advancement and mobility.
This Oxford Business Fundamentals training course has been specifically designed to develop the competency of professionals to equip them with the necessary skills and confidence to achieve excellence in spoken and written communication. This Oxford training course includes a wealth of practical guidance on improving the effectiveness of various forms of spoken and written communication. If you want your reports, memos, letters and e-mails to be read with interest and acted upon and if you want to be able to present your ideas with impact and effectiveness, this is the right training course for you.
This Oxford training seminar will highlight:
- The importance of professional levels of written and spoken English
- Proven ways to improve the effectiveness of various forms of written communication
- Power language to improve influence and impact
- Presentation skills to persuade even the most hostile audience
- How to convey a credible message and create concise messages using a structured process
By the end of this Oxford training seminar, you will be able to:
- Meet the needs of your readers / audiences, by helping them achieve their own objectives
- Listen more intently and deeply to understand others and their needs and requirements
- Write clearer, more effective and professional e-mails, letters and reports
- Speak in front of a group with greater confidence
- Build rapport with your audiences and clients
- Confidently use the right techniques, tools and skills for a wide variety of communication challenges
This Oxford Business Fundamentals training course uses a variety of proven, highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises personal practice and, videos.
The course will be connected by an extensive case study. It will provide for practice in both written and oral presentation. Under the guidance of a professional speaker and writer you will learn key techniques, try them for yourself and receive feedback. You will discover how to plan and structure documents, how to choose an appropriate style and how to speak and write clear, accurate English.
Who should attend
This Oxford training course is for a wide range of professionals whose work requires them to communicate with others:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Marketing, HR and PR professionals
A good existing grasp of written and spoken English will help participants get the best from this training. This Oxford Business Fundamentals training course aims to build on this and take participants’ written and oral skills to higher levels.