Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Experienced business professionals who want to demonstrate their potential for the future, as well as draw on the strengths of their previous experience.
- Managers and future managers who seek immediate and practical applications of business theory and methodology, in an atmosphere that leverages both an academic curriculum and a corporate training.
- Professionals who want to differentiate themselves as critical members with current or future employers by bolstering their ability to ask thoughtful and insightful questions, and offer impactful solutions.
- Those with “real job” time constraints who still want to master “real job” application of new business concepts and strategies.
About the course
The power of the consumer, the impact of globalization, and the pervasiveness of the digital era are all rapidly shifting organizational approaches, business parlance, and leadership strategy. Experienced professionals must balance the daily demands of a successful career with the necessary investment in the education to meet these new expectations.
Our Mini-MBA: Business Essentials offers accomplished professionals an opportunity to maintain their career trajectory with an efficient, focused injection of modern concepts and strategy. We will empower you to contribute as a confident thought leader who has mastered today’s rapidly changing business landscape. Use this new know-how to contribute as a valued member of multi-functional teams and help shape organizational goals.
- Update your formal education and career experience with modern business practices including contemporary leadership, business legal issues and strategic marketing.
- Learn from real-world industry experts who will move new concepts from the academic to daily application in a highly interactive environment.
- Learn in a rigorous university environment that results in receipt of a program certificate as well as earn academic credits that can be applied toward future education goals.
- Demonstrate a broader contribution in the modern corporation, including the ability to identify issues and communicate opportunities in multifunctional departments.
- Articulate to stakeholders using current business terminology, reflecting the current expectations and definitions of success.
- Manage your day-to-day professional commitments while acquiring knowledge in a format that maximizes a limited schedule. Modernize your approach and elevate your role to a strategic thinker who can ask the right questions and design contemporary solutions.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program addresses key issues including business law, strategy and leadership. New market dynamics and modern business theory are taught by industry experts with corporate experience.
- Supply Chain Management. Discussion and analysis of how Supply Chain Management can create and sustain a competitive advantage through better productivity, quality improvements, cost reduction and innovative customer service.
- Marketing. Dissecting the complexity of planning, managing and implementing marketing programs to maximize profit, improve customer satisfaction, and generate brand loyalty.
- Business Strategy – Understanding how a firm can choose to grow its business, including geographic expansion, new products offerings, and customer acquisition strategy.
Dr. Henson is an organization and management consultant with deep expertise and over 30 years of international experience in executive leadership development and global organization development. He currently heads Henson Consulting International, a consulting practice that focuses on helping clie...
Jessica R. Methot, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Human Resource Management in the School of Management and Labor Relations at Rutgers University and a Distinguished Research Professor in the Department of Management at University of Exeter Business School, UK. Dr. Methot conducts research o...
Kim Huggins has a passion for driving business strategy while forming valuable relationships at all organizational levels. Her extensive experience, focus on execution and enthusiastic approach has helped to transform diverse companies in various industries from Fortune 50 corporations to small s...
Lisa Calicchio is a business leader and HR executive who currently serves as the Chief Human Resources Officer for GAF. Prior to joining GAF, Lisa led an award-winning global Human Resources team of 200+ professionals for Wyndham Destination Network. Lisa possesses nearly three decades of global...
Brian is a Vice President at Holden Advisors and a recognized expert in helping organizations lead and communicate with the five different generations in today’s workforce, speaking and consulting with audiences worldwide. He’s also the author of Gray Goldfish – Navigating the Gray Areas to Succe...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.