Who should attend
This Oxford Management Centre training course on Business and Corporate Etiquette would benefit a wide range of professionals but is particularly relevant for:
- Public Relations Officers
- Team Leaders and Managers
- Corporate Communications Practitioners
- Public Affairs specialists
- Marketing Officers
- Sales staff
About the course
Etiquette is about the rules of expected behaviour in society. Good business etiquette creates a professional, mutually respectful atmosphere and improves communication. People feel better about their work, their suppliers, their employers and more at ease when they feel respected, and that leads to better relationships as well to influence and persuade people you need a high level of interpersonal skills. We have all experienced moments of embarrassment when others do not understand or are offended by our behaviour.
This exciting and challenging Oxford Management Centre Business and Corporate Etiquette training course will help you to improve your impact on others and, in turn, their response to you. These skills will help you in your job, your career and in your life. They do not just apply in face-to-face communication but in online and virtual situations as well.
This Oxford Management Centre training course will highlight:
- How etiquette, emotional intelligence and active listening affect our lives
- To use the skills of correct etiquette in every situation
- Correct forms of address and behaviour for both formal and informal situations
- How to handle difficult situations with style
- How to project yourself and your organisation perfectly online
The objectives of this Oxford Management Centre training course are:
- To focus on your ideal image and work to deliver it
- To refine and hone your communications skills to develop successful relationships
- To understand the rules of behaviour in every situation
- To provide an opportunity update your social skills and knowledge
- To display courtesy and concern across all communications channels
This Oxford Management Centre training course uses a wide variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure effective assimilation and retention of the information presented. This training course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their own thinking, communication style and practice.
Your Tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide variety of methods including direct input, video, discussions, case studies and group and individual exercises to focus on the themes of the course, practice skills and receive feedback.
The company will benefit in the following ways:
- Help present your organisation with poise and confidence
- Project your brand values through skilled staff
- Have confidence that your staff can acquit themselves well in any situation
- Improve relationships within the organisation
- Improve relationships with customers, investors and other external stakeholders
- See an increase in staff assurance and demeanour
The personal benefits to be derived from attending this Oxford Management Centre training course include the following:
- Greater understanding of relationships both formal and informal and how to nurture them
- Improved understanding of how to approach specific people and achieve success
- Greater understanding of how to improve online media personal impact
- Knowing how to conduct yourself on formal occasions
- Being able to deal masterfully with formal dining events
- Improved level of confidence
DAY 1 The Changing World of Etiquette and Social Expectations
- The changing world of communication and the challenges it poses
- The importance of relationships and their impact on reputation
- Establishing and maintaining cordial relationships
- What is your reputation and what would you like it to be?
- Targeting people in your network – what relationships do you need to succeed?
- First impressions count and how to make them
DAY 2 Investing in Yourself
- The importance of appearance, dress, and grooming
- The importance of body language from handshake to hangouts
- Touchpoints and Moments of Truth
- How to prepare for and profit from any networking opportunity
- Assessing and tailoring your style
- Personality types and how to deal with difficult people
DAY 3 Etiquette Across All Media
- Email etiquette
- Formal writing – letters, memos, and reports
- Instant messaging
- Social media
- Online meetings
DAY 4 Mastering Social Events
- How to issue and reply to invitations
- Correct forms of address
- How to introduce people?
- Making small talk
- Dining etiquette and making sense of table settings
- Have them ‘eating out of your hand’
DAY 5 Continuous Improvement
- Setting SMART goals for self-improvement
- Researching your contacts
- Building up a wardrobe for all occasions; dress codes
- Giving and receiving gifts – How to choose?
- The power of follow-up and staying in touch
- Building your confidence and presence
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.