ICTD International Centre for Training and Development
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This no-nonsense, real-world training teaches all forms of business etiquette: dining etiquette, communication etiquette, telephone etiquette, meeting etiquette, tipping etiquette, travel etiquette, email etiquette, voicemail etiquette, business cocktail party etiquette, wardrobe etiquette, and more. It is specially designed for groups that want to polish their skills and improve their professional image. Information is presented in a humorous, relaxed style that cuts to the heart of today’s etiquette concerns.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the four basic behavioral styles and how to adapt to each.
- Describe appropriate office dress.
- Demonstrate effective self-introductions, introductions of others, and small talk.
- Successfully navigate a business meal.
- Develop an action plan to improve personal professionalism.
Networking for Success Creating an Effective Introduction
- Making a Great First Impression
- Minimizing Nervousness
- Using Business Cards Effectively
- Remembering Names
- The Three-Step Process
Making Small Talk
- The Four Levels of Conversation
- Case Study
Dining in Style
- Understanding your Place Setting
- Using your Napkin
- Eating your Meal
- Sticky Situations and Possible Solutions
- Ordering in a Restaurant
- About Alcoholic Beverages
- Paying the Bill
Business E-Mail Etiquette
- Addressing your Message
- Grammar and Acronyms
- Top Five Technology Tips
- Developing an Appropriate Greeting
- Dealing with Voice Mail
- Cell Phone Do's and Don'ts
The Written Letter
- Thank You Notes
- Formal Letters
- Informal Letters
Dressing for Success
- The Meaning of Colors
- Interpreting Common Dress Codes
- Deciding what to Wear
- General Rules
- Important Points
- Preparation Tips
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is recommended for human resources, business leaders, senior executives, managers, supervisors, and front-line workers.