This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This intensive course is designed to provide a thorough grounding in the everyday operation and maintenance of boilers, burners and boiler auxiliary equipment. The ultimate aim of the course is to make sure that the plant can be operated safely, efficiently and economically.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Provide a full understanding and solid scientific background on the design.
- Operate and maintain of steam boilers
- Provide information, considerations and recommendations on how to design, install and check steam systems to identify where energy waste exists
The importance of boiler maintenance: General discussion on types of maintenance work applied to boilers.
### Day 1
- Type and construction
- Important parts
- Combustion chambers
- Combustion chamber
- Steam drums
- Draft fans
- Replacement of parts
- Repairs of parts
- Closing up
- Commissioning and testing
### Day 4
Steam Distribution System
- Steam traps
- Practical energy conservation in steam system
- Steam condenses return system
Steam Distribution System (cont’d)
- Thermos compression system
- Heat transfer and insulation, to reduce heat losses
- Checking steam system operation
- Application diagrams for efficient steam system
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for plant engineers, boiler operators and qualified technicians responsible for the operation and maintenance of steam boilers in different types of industries.