Who should attend
This program will be of great interest to you if you are an executive or a manager from marketing, product / brand,and sales functions or a marketing analyst whose principal responsibilities lie in generating demand, revenues, and profits from new and existing products and services. Managers from other functional areas or a non-marketing background with a supporting role for organisation’s marketing activities would also find the program relevant.
About the course
This hands-on program puts emphasis on developing skills and competencies concerning sales function and roles. It aims to provide a broad understanding of emerging sales and marketing frameworks and contemporary approaches to growing business through effective selling. It will also focus on ‘cutting edge’ issues concerning skills and competencies of sales leaders and professionals. The program provides basic understanding of contemporary approaches to acquiring, retaining and growing business with various stakeholders in the market in an efficient and effective manner. The Program faculty will focus on the synergy between in-field practice and in-class learning.
The participant will develop and enhance competencies to:
- Develop Sales Leadership
- Effectively Plan for a Sales Job
- Motivate and Manage Sales Teams
- Set Goals and Measure Performances
- Communicate and Negotiate Effectively
- Understand Different Consumers (Individuals and Organisations)
- Effectively Manage Key Accounts
- Understanding Emerging Challenges for Sales Professionals in Contemporary Environment
- Developing Sales Leadership
- Selling Process and Strategies
- Personal Selling: Transaction Vs Relationship Approach
- Consumer V/s Business Markets: Implications for Selling
- Key Account Management and Customer Relationship
- Performance Management Issues for Sales Professionals
- Managing Self and People in a Sales Organisation (Motivation, Team Building and Leadership)
- Communication and Negotiations Skills for Sales
- Sales Planning: Issues in Territory Planning and Forecasting
Prof. Prashant Mishra is presently Dean (New Initiative and External Relations) and Professor in the marketing area at IIM Calcutta. He has been Chairperson of Post Graduate Programmes at IIMC during 2008 -2012 and has also been Chairperson of Marketing Area. In Executive education, Prof. Prashan...
Prof. Ramendra Singh is an Associate Professor of Marketing at IIM Calcutta. He is a Fellow of IIM Ahmedabad, MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur, and B.Tech from IIT-BHU. His research has been published in reputed international journals such as Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business and Indus...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.