Who should attend
All new marketing personnel, as well as professionals in career transition, moving into a marketing role.
This course is ideal for all marketers looking to gain a clear understanding of the core concepts of marketing, and how they can apply them in today's changing business world.
About the course
This course provides key insights into the essentials of marketing in a clear, simplistic manner that conveys a comprehensive understanding of how the elements of 'the marketing mix' are used to build a competitive advantage.
It explains the difference between 'marketing' and 'selling', and highlights the skills required to be a successful marketer. The program offers many ideas for developing creative and innovative marketing solutions.
Through the use of various analytical tools, participants will gain an insight into how to develop an effective marketing plan for their own product / company. A full set of customized marketing activities will create a deeper thinking of marketing strategy development, and implementation, which participants can bring back to their own organization.
## Course Objectives
- To help delegates understand the importance of marketing in today's highly competitive marketplace
- To understand the importance of situational analysis and market research, as a base for preparing a successful marketing plan
- To understand the different marketing strategies available and how to apply them
- To be able to develop the right marketing mix to support the overall marketing strategy and objective
- To understand the components of a marketing plan and formulate one that is specific to each delegate's business
- To know how to implement and measure the success of a marketing plan
## Course Outline
What Is Marketing?
The Difference Between Sales & Marketing
Defining The Marketing Mix
Defining The Product
What Is Strategy?
Organizational Mission & Corporate Objectives
Micro & Macro Issues
Types Of Buyers
The Buying Decision Process.
Defining The Market
Types Of Market Research
Product - Service Positioning
The Product Lifecycle
Effects Of Extension Strategies
Extended Boston Consulting Matrix
Ansoff's Matrix Strategies
Porter's Generic Forces
U.S.P.'s (Competitive Advantage / Unique Selling Proposition)
Developing The Right Marketing Mix
Sequence For New Product Development
Time Adoption Of Innovations
Reasons Why Products Fail
What Is A Brand?
The Branding Process.
Review Of The Marketing Mix
Reasons For International Failures
Forecasting & Financial Analysis
Market Sales Potential & Forecasting
Cost Benefit Analysis
Strategy Versus Tactics
Controlling & Evaluating
Performance Standards Or Metrics
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.