Who should attend
Marketing professionals, corporate executives, marketing managers, advertising managers, product managers, sales personnel, and others who are involved in marketing activities at all levels of the organization
About the course
Provides a general knowledge of marketing emphasizing marketing mix elements and target markets for consumer and industrial products, marketing strategies, customer behavior, market planning and promotion.
## Course Objectives
- Upon successful completion of Principles of Marketing attendees will be able to: understanding of marketing and the market driven enterprise to differentiate market
- Identify some of the basic approaches to formulating a marketing strategy in order to participate effectively when working with marketing policy coordinators
- Identify key stages of the market planning process in order to create marketing plans through development of key sections common to most plans, as well as execution of rudimentary primary and secondary research.
- Use knowledge of elements of the marketing mix and the functional disciplines of marketing such as research and marketing communications in order to guide future course selections
- Use understanding of both the product and marketing lifecycle including professional roles and responsibilities within that lifecycle to guide marketing career selection and to correctly identify key stakeholders in the business workplace.
## Course Outline
- Marketing and the marketing management process
- Marketing philosophies and goals
- Strategic planning and the marketing process
- Target markets and information gathering
- Consumers and industrial customers
- Customer behavior
- Marketing segmentation to targeting
- Marketing mix elements
- Consumer and industrial products
- Product decisions
- Product life cycles and strategies for new products
- Pricing factors and strategies
- Distribution channels and physical distribution decisions
- Marketing intermediaries and their activities
- Promotional mix elements
- Discuss current marketing issues
- International marketing strategies
- Marketing trends
- Social responsibility and ethics in marketing
- New marketing organizations
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrate understanding of the strategic marketing environment
- Develop marketing plans including marketing mix
- Develop framework for the promotional mix as a part of the overall marketing mix
- Successfully identify viable segmentation and targeting approaches for markets
- Demonstrate understanding of research approaches and basic research tools as applied to marketing
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of marketing intermediaries in introducing products to market
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.