Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Wharton School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Wharton’s Advanced Management Program (AMP) is an immersive, transformative five-week program that guides senior leaders in honing their leadership capabilities. AMP is exclusive and selective: only about 55 executives are accepted per session. The result is an optimal learning environment, with a diverse participant cohort for better peer learning, and a global, lifelong network of trusted peers.
AMP, delivered in partnership with the Wharton McNulty Leadership Program, is led by Wharton faculty who bring extensive business knowledge, research, and expertise to bear on all aspects of the program. This management development program is a defining personal and professional moment — the starting point for that next level of achievement and success.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In the Advanced Management Program, you will:
- Strengthen the leader within by addressing your own leadership style
- Develop visionary leadership capabilities that can influence and inspire others
- Shape the future of your organization by learning how to foster innovation and implement change for competitive advantage
- Receive Wharton alumni status upon completion of AMP, becoming part of a global alumni network with more than 96,000 members
Experience & Impact
Wharton AMP becomes a defining moment in one’s career. Indeed, our AMP alumni call it life changing. Senior leaders who attend AMP should expect to sharpen their critical thinking skills and hone their leadership capabilities for immediate impact to their businesses upon their return. Upon completion of AMP, participants are better prepared to:
- Authentically lead their organization and inspire a higher level of performance
- Align resources with strategy to create a more resilient and agile organization
- Formulate a corporate vision and set a new direction for the organization
- Create greater shareholder value
- Replace binary thinking with more critically integrated design thinking
- Persuade, influence, and negotiate expertly
Curriculum and Approach
AMP offers comprehensive content and an experiential approach that creates an invaluable, reflective pause from routine. Leveraging the strengths of Wharton faculty, the curriculum has a rigor and an emphasis on senior leadership that are not found in other programs.
In addition to leading classroom sessions that provide cutting-edge knowledge and tools for management, marketing, finance, strategy, and organizational dynamics, core faculty members are present throughout the program and lead daily integration sessions. This tremendous access means you will leave with strong professional relationships, not just email addresses.
Skills introduced in the classroom are put to the test through multiple learning opportunities that demand critical thinking, decision-making, and high-performance teamwork. These may include firefighter training, film-making, and a dynamic group project.
Participants leave AMP with a tremendous reserve of strategies, best practices, and a heightened self-awareness that can be put to immediate use in their professional lives. Specifically, they experience:
- An innovative and continually updated curriculum
- Stretch experiences that create meaningful opportunities to acquire new leadership skills
- Invaluable frameworks, models, and practices for managing the increasing speed of change in a volatile global environment
More than Business Acumen
During an intense five weeks, you will experience a number of unique opportunities to help strengthen your individual talents, challenge your mental models and preconceived limits, and build a powerful new network. These opportunities include:
- Executive coaching delivered both in teams and individually to accelerate learning and personal growth. Coaching sessions continue after the program concludes.
- Executive conversations with current and former CEOs from globally recognized companies, who share their experiences in intimate, informal dialogues with AMP participants.
- Expanded network of meaningful relationships built within a highly accomplished group of executives. AMP participants also become Wharton alumni, part of a global alumni network with more than 96,000 members.
Who should attend
This program is designed for senior executives who are within three reporting relationships of the CEO or managing director of their organizations. While participants come from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, they share several key qualities. Specifically, this program is for multidimensional executives who:
- Motivate by example and have the vision, leadership capabilities, influence, and business acumen to lead effectively in a world of uncertainty and complexity
- Seek a learning experience that provides an opportunity for deeply personal self-assessment
- Possess substantial experience in a variety of vertical industry groups, business disciplines, regions, and cultures
- In addition to presidents, chief executive officers, and other senior executives, past participants have included successful entrepreneurs, media and technology executives, and leaders of nonprofit organizations. Candidates must be nominated by the chief executive officer, senior divisional executive, or head of corporate human resources of their organization.
A high level of English language proficiency is necessary to actively engage in group discussions and reading assignments. Scores for the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC), taken within the past two years, must be 800 or higher.*
For a list of companies that have leveraged Wharton AMP for their senior executives’ business education, please download the AMP schedule by clicking the "Download Materials" button on this page.
Trust the experts
Education PhD, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 1994; BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1986 Recent Consulting Research and consulting involve the influence of emotions and emotional intelligence on work behavior, organizational culture and organizational c...
Education: PhD, Harvard University; MA, Harvard University; BS, University of Michigan. Academic Appointment: William and Jacalyn Egan Professor of Management, 1997. Director, Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management, 1996. Recent Consulting: Numerous programs on leadership, decis...
Jeff is the Executive Director of the Wharton Leadership Program and a Lecturer at the Wharton School and the School of Social Policy and Practice at the University of Pennsylvania. As Executive Director, Jeff is responsible for the portfolio of curricular and cocurricular leadership development ...
Dean Geoffrey Garrett was a member of the Wharton faculty in the Management Department from 1995 to 1997. Prior to his return to the University of Pennsylvania, Garrett held several academic appointments. He was the founding CEO of the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney, and...
Mauro F. Guillén is the Director of the Joseph H. Lauder Institute at Penn, a researchandteaching program on management and international relations. He holds the Dr. Felix Zandman Endowed Professorship in International Management at the Wharton School and a secondary appointment as Professor of S...
Witold J. Henisz is the Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management in Honor of Russell E. Palmer, former Managing Director at The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania. He received his Ph.D. in Business and Public Policy from the Haas School of Business at University of California, Be...
Rodrigo Jordan is widely recognized in Latin America for his work in leadership and innovation. He is the author of Leadership: From Theory to Practice (Spanish, PrenticeHall 2008) and he is the host of "Leadership in Person," a TV show for Canal 13, interviewing Chile's most important leaders. I...
John is a guest lecturer and facilitator within various Wharton Executive Education programs. His practice focuses on building resilient leaders in any industry. John’s great passions in life are working with leaders, experiencing the outdoors, and laughing as much as possible. He is the princip...
Professor Bushee’s research focuses on the impact of information intermediaries—such as institutional investors, sellside analysts, and the business press—on corporate disclosure decisions and on the stock market pricing of information. His articles have appeared in toptier academic journals such...
Q&A Advanced Management Program
Advanced Management Program - Sami Alnuaim
Advanced Management Program Testimonial: Gaining Self-Awareness
Key Takeaways from the Advanced Management Program
Advanced Management Program - Georges Souyoltgis (Brazil)