Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Melbourne Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Fast-track your transition into business leadership through our Advanced Management Program (AMP).
Together, we’ll examine the emerging challenges of the 21st-century workplace, while building your understanding of senior management through an emphasis on managing for the future, building a high-performance organisation and developing your personal leadership abilities.
By learning from our experts – who generally teach MBA programs – you’ll gain the knowledge, insights and skills needed to lead within an everevolving, complex business environment.
- As a result of this program, participants will be able to:
- Develop global teams and partnerships
- Strengthen cross-cultural mindsets
- Lead change and innovation in complexity
- Engage futures thinking and enterprise modelling
- Foster collaboration across functional and enterprise areas
- Improve decision-making across the enterprise
- Ensure levers, such as HR, marketing and strategy, deliver results
- Establish a culture of performance and accountability
- Motivate and develop your team to high performance
- Build your leadership story and vision
- Activate personal leadership style and self-awareness.
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned with your learning goals.
- Understanding and accommodating your needs through a conversation with the Program Director
- Access to program materials through our online-learning platform
- Program (residential)
- The following key themes are explored:
Building organisational transformation
- Corporate and board governance, reporting and strategy
- Activating finance, marketing and HR levers across an organisation
- Talent development and workforce pipeline
- Influence, power and the ethics of decision-making
- Group and team dynamics and their impact on results
Managing for the future
- Futures thinking, sustainability and corporate results
- Leading change to support futures thinking and innovation
- Complexity and disruptive change, digital shift and associated business opportunities
- Big data, digital shift, disruptive complexity and decision-making
- Corporate culture, diversity and support for global business
Enhancing personal leadership
- Your leadership brand, digital brand and media presence
- How leadership presence and approach underpins corporate performance
- Your brain and leadership: improving engagement with people
- Well-being and resilience for corporate executives
- Participants complete an action-learning project in small groups over a period of two months and report back to a faculty member via video conferencing/Skype or in person
- Continued learning through access to program materials and facilitators via our online-learning platform
Who should attend
- General Managers, preparing for a ‘C suite’ or Managing Director role in a high-growth business
- ‘C suite’ or Managing Directors who have recently moved into their role in a high-growth business
- CEOs or Managing Directors of small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs)
Trust the experts
Don O’Sullivan joined Melbourne Business School in 2008 as an Associate Professor of Marketing. After completing his PhD at University College Cork, Don continued at Cork as a lecturer for eight years before travelling to Dublin to become the Director of Strategic Marketing at TecBrand. Don’s r...
I am a senior leadership facilitator and executive coach having practiced in this field for sixteen years. Previously I worked in the Australian investment banking industry with six years at CEO level. Returning to university after almost twenty years of banking experience I studied the behaviour...
Geoff Martin joined Melbourne Business School in 2012 and is now an Associate Professor of Strategy. Prior to completing his PhD at IE Business School in Madrid and his MBA at Melbourne Business School, Geoff held a number of senior strategy and operational risk positions at Deloitte (Sydney), GT...
Jill Klein joined Melbourne Business School in 2009 as a Professor of Marketing and is also a Professorial Fellow at the Melbourne Medical School. After completing her PhD in Social Psychology at the University of Michigan, Jill joined the faculty at Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Nort...
Jennifer currently teaches Organisational Behaviour, Negotiation and Deal-making and Power and Politics on our MBA and Executive MBA programs. She also teaches Research Methods and Statistics on our PhD program and delivers on our executive education programs. Jennifer’s research, which has been ...
Mark is a data and artificial intelligence expert who has worked with Microsoft, Medibank and Melbourne Business School's Centre for Business Analytics, as well as a consultant for Boston Consulting Group.
Mandy Burns (AMP 2016) - Welcome to the World Class
Advanced Management Program overview
Amanda Bell (AMP 2016)