Who should attend
This program is designed for business leaders and experienced corporate decision makers who manage at regional, national and international levels. Participants require strong management experience and/or an MBA academic background. This program is an outstanding next step for participants of our Executive Development Course (EDC).
About the course
This practical and highly interactive program advances through the major disciplines of management in greater depth and with a strategic perspective. The “learning by doing” format includes a realistic business simulation enabling you to respond concretely to complex management decisions and take away ideas that will have immediate impact on the job. This is also an opportunity to gain or renew contacts with leading management decision-makers, learning from peer story-telling and gaining new perspectives from the faculty team. A proven and popular seminar for more than 50 years.
Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga) and Ottawa, the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from both private and public sectors.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Provides a condensed and up-to-date set of advanced management practices
- Enhances abilities to formulate and communicate key strategies
- Offers ideas to streamline management processes and set meaningful KPI’s and goals
- Integrates late-breaking market, competitive and organizational issues to manage change
- Includes personalized faculty discussions to assist in implementing solutions
- Makes newly learned skills actionable through a realistic and engaging business simulation
- Benchmark yourself & connect with peers from diverse industries/organizations
Topics covered during the program
This section employs an advanced computer simulation that challenges you to integrate, apply and test the concepts developed during the course. You develop strategies with your team and compete against other teams while enhancing skills in operational finance, strategic pricing, marketing and negotiations.
Challenge ideas and explore opportunities in your organization in consultation with our course leaders. This session provides an opportunity to integrate and apply the tools and strategies discussed in the program to your own business.
- Understanding strategic issues raised by globalization processes
- Gaining competitive advantage in global markets
- Initiating strategic change in large, mature organizations
- Managing innovation by balancing market risk and technological uncertainty
- Assessing leadership styles and organizational approaches to strategic change
- Creating strategic change in your organization
Managerial Accounting and Control
- Acquiring effective techniques to analyze your firm’s financial operations
- Integrating financial data with operations
- Employing activity-based management
- Applying life-cycle and target-costing
- Using financial and non-financial performance indicators
- Benefiting from capital investments
- Optimizing organizational capabilities
Managing the Whole Firm Taking a holistic view of key management challenges and bringing all the elements of your business together to create value.
- Transitioning from silos to cross-functional leadership
- Using business models for value creation
- Understanding the interplay between strategies
Team Building and Presentation Skill will be part of the Business Simulation experience. Use your team’s business simulation performance as a live HR learning laboratory.
- Strategic considerations for your tactical approaches
- Competing to win
- B2B marketing
- Marketing Planning
- Effective differentiation
- Brand management
- Build market leadership
- Optimizing and managing all processes around your “value stream”
- Defining benchmarks in business excellence
- Employing effective operations strategy
- Understanding supply chain flows
- Efficient business processes: models and tools
Louis Gialloreto is a professor at McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management, member of the EMBA faculty, and former Executive Director of the McGill Executive Institute. He is a consultant to several multinational corporations in the areas of advanced management practices, marketing strategy, cus...
Alex Boussetta is an Affiliate Member at McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management where he has been teaching quality management and operational excellence since 2003. In addition, he consults with a wide variety of organizations on improving internal processes, implementing project management pra...
As a faculty member of the McGill Executive Institute and lecturer in the Desautels Faculty of Management, Miriam Carver’s areas of expertise include leadership development, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, building teams, customer service, executive coaching, and emotional intelligence. ...
David Lavallée has a Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy from McGill University. As a Chartered Professional Accountant as well as a partner at Guimond Lavallée, he has led audit teams for various public and private companies in the mining, manufacturing and retail industries. He brings over 1...
Jerry Remillard specializes in team dynamics and implementation of business strategies in the workplace. He is a coach, trainer and consultant, acquiring his corporate skills and knowledge in such well-known corporations as Kraft Foods, Domtar, and Catelli. Through McGill and his own firm, JR Man...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.