Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for project directors, engineers and planners, chief executive officers, finance managers, human resources, project managers, information technology managers, consultants, contractors and suppliers organizations. This course is also beneficial to policy makers responsible for developing and implementing national and international sustainable development strategies and researchers and academics involved in the construction and building industries as well as site engineers and assistant engineers in the sites in the supervision and the execution domains in construction sites.
About the course
The construction industry represents one of the main industries in the world by general and especially in the developed countries, was the achievements of this industry like: areas construction, the energy provision, the substructure and the accommodation bring numerous advantages on the citizens and the country. The construction inspection and the supervision considered one of the main pillars in the construction industry, where it has a clear and distinguished influence in the domain of the execution and the finishing of the engineering projects
Organizations that are project driven are faced with the challenge of effective management of inter dependent, varied priority, varied value, multi-players, shared-resources, short and long term, multiple-accountability, shared-authority, variable risk level and dynamic projects. Therefore, it is not enough to deliver single projects successfully. Leaders are focusing on the effectiveness of whole organizations, and the delivery of a web of changing and interacting projects to achieve the aims of their organizations. This call for a systematic approach for successful delivery of those projects: Management of Multiple Projects
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Supervise operation on the buildings includes all of the duties and responsibilities to follow-up the implementation of plans, specifications and the quality project control methods for the best completion of the within the costs and specific period
- Explain Multiple Project Management specifics and how it differs from the Traditional Project Management.
- Identify the benefits their organization will gain from implementing Multiple Project Management techniques.
- Obtain a systematic approach for implementing Multiple Project Management techniques at their organization.
- In addition, there will be a case study on implementing Enterprise Project Management at an organization
Project Management Key Concepts
- Projects and Operations
- Current Trends
- What Projects Exist within an Organization
- Why Projects Fail?
- PM Key Concepts
Project Life Cycle and PM Phases
- Project Phases
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Management Processes
- Initiating Projects
- Purpose of Initiating Projects
- The Project Charter
- Project Kick off Meeting
- Planning Projects
- Propose of Planning Projects
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop the Project Plan
Planning Project, Continued
- Develop the Resource Plan
- Cost Estimating and Cost Budgeting
- Establishing The Project Team
- Communication Plan
- Procurement Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- The Project Management Plan
- Executing Projects
- Purpose of Executing Projects
- Scope Verification
- Distributing Project Information
- Project Team
- Quality Assurance
- Contract Administration
- Purpose of Controlling Projects
- Updating The Project Schedule
- Performance Measurement Using Earned Value
- Change Control
- Purpose of Closing Projects
- Identify Inputs and Outputs, Tools and Technique
- Organizational Impacts Of Project Management
- Functional, Matrix and Projected Organization
- Role of Project Manager
- Project Manager Role
- Project Manager Responsibilities
- Project Manager Skills
Multi-PM and Single Project PM
- Difference Between MPM and SPM
- Criteria for selecting Projects in MPM Grouping
- Benefits of MPM
- Portfolio Management
- Resource Management
- Organization Wide Planning
- Process Management
The Project Management Office
- PMO Functions
- PMO Positions
- Keys To Successful PMO Deployment
Enterprise Project Management Solutions
- EPMS Functions
- Objectives of EPMS
- Can EPMS Save On Project Spending?
- Selecting An EPMS solution
Project Management Education
- Areas of PM training
- Who needs PM Training?
- How to setup PM Training Program?
Project Management Maturity
- Level 1: Ad Hoc
- Level 2: Consistent
- Level 3: Integrated
- Level 4: Comprehensive
- Level 5: Optimizing
Implementing Multi-Project Management Information System
- Creating MPM Database
- Creating Project Templates
- Create A New Project
- Single Project Reporting
- Multi- Project Reporting
- Updating the Project Plan
The Main Activities to the Observation on the Buildings and the Supervision Methods
- The general specifications to the buildings and the function of the site engineer to follow-up its applications.
The Quality Control Methods in the Site, and Practical Examples to the Quality Control Systems
- The projects execution problems and the overcoming methods for it.
- The general specifications of the buildings between the theoretical concepts, and the practical applications
- Some of the means and the operations that help in the supervision, operation success on the buildings
- Workshop for the practical methods of supervision concept application on the buildings.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.