Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Front-line or first-time sales managers with direct supervisory or support responsibility for producing sales representatives or independent contractors/agents.
About the course
Today's front-line sales managers face significant challenges while they strive to achieve broad-based and sustainable growth. These challenges include trends toward:
- Commoditization of value (as procurement departments utilize increasingly sophisticated buying processes)
- Disruption within their industries
- Perceived diminished role of sales within the customer experience
- Evolving generational expectations of sales producers
In order to succeed within this environment, front-line sales managers must be able to lead their teams to enhanced productivity. One critical component for success includes better meeting the needs of their individual team members. This reality can be particularly challenging since many front-line sales managers have been promoted to their roles without ever receiving any sales management training or development.
This course is an interactive, three-day learning experience designed to build practical sales management capability. Participants will learn from Carlson School and industry experts as well as their peers. They'll return to work reinvigorated and ready to apply proven leadership skills to drive profitable growth.
- A greater understanding of their leadership role, its direct impact on team performance, and strategies to increase leadership effectiveness.
- Enhanced coaching and communication skills
- Strengthened business acumen to make better, faster decisions
- How to position value over price to drive profitability
- How to flex personal style to better meet the needs of individual team members
- Successful hiring, development, and retention tactics
- Development of a personalized action plan that can be immediately put into practice
- Corporate Sales and Marketing in the Global Economy
- Leadership Role and Responsibility
- Sales Team Communication
- Sales Team Communication
- Coaching for Success Across Generations
- Managing the Performance of Your Sales Team
- Performance Segmentations
- Sales Talent Acquisition & Development
- Business Acumen
- Sales Funnel Management
- Value-Based Sales Process Part I
- Value-Based Sales Process Part II
- Group Presentations
Professor and Industrial Relations Faculty Excellence Chair; Chair, Department of Work and Organizations Department of Work and Organizations Education BS 1988 Psychology Moorhead State University MS 1990 Industrial/Organizational Psychology Iowa State University PhD 1992 Industrial/Organiz...
As Co-President of IMPAX Corporation, Dan imparts the knowledge sales professionals need to succeed in a business environment that commoditizes everyone and everything. In fact, he and IMPAX Co-President Mark Shonka wrote the book on it. Entitled Beyond Selling Value - A Proven Process to Avoid t...
Wayne Mueller Undergraduate Studies Director, Senior Lecturer Marketing Education Bachelor of Business Administration Marketing University of Wisconsin – Madison Masters of Business Administration Management University of St. Thomas Harvard Advanced Management Program Harvard University Do...
Professor, Curtis L. Carlson Professor of Industrial Relations; Director, Center for Human Resources and Labor Studies Department of Work and Organizations Education PhD 2002 Human Resources and Industrial Relations University of Minnesota Expertise Socialization/onboarding Career Processes A...
Tony Ennis is a Senior Consultant with IMPAX, a nationally recognized sales consulting and training organization and a 2017 Selling Power Top 20 Sales Training Company. Tony’s sales leadership career, with companies such as Jostens, spans more than twenty years. At IMPAX, Tony is responsible fo...