Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
AMP has been specifically designed for high-performing professionals who are ready to take leadership roles in their companies and advance their careers. The program is especially designed to benefit those with the desire to transform their industries and create a positive impact at a scale.
The program is suitable for business professionals with:
- Significant experience, demonstrated career progression, and success across levels, including:
- Leadership positions and business heads, such as Head of Technology, Head of Sales, etc.
- Senior functional managers such as Senior Project Manager, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Product Manager, etc.
- Emerging leaders who want to up-level their career trajectory and master the needs of impactful leadership in today’s business world.
- A strong commitment to implementing creative strategies and practices to position their organizations at the forefront of growth.
- A relentless drive to succeed and aspirations to reach beyond the obvious career milestones.
- A demonstrated ability to adapt, learn and apply new knowledge in varied situations.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with other self-motivated individuals and value an exchange of diverse perspectives, to drive change.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
About the course
Today, we live in the age of an accelerating pace of innovation and related disruption to established ways of doing business. This unprecedented change is creating new opportunities for both organizations and individuals to grow like never before. The Accelerated Management Program (AMP) from the National University of Singapore Business School is a fast-track management program for professionals who want to excel in this dynamic business environment.
Through the course of 9-months, you will build a solid foundation in Strategy, Leadership and Finance and gain critical skills in emerging areas such as Digital Business and Transformation, Marketing Analytics and Growth Hacking, as well as other cross-functional business skills to develop a growth mindset for your business, organization and industry. You will prepare to leverage accelerating trends in emerging technologies and changing business models and learn to use strategic insights and leadership practices to establish yourself as a transformational business leader.
Under the guidance of the distinguished NUS Business School faculty and leading industry experts, you will gain invaluable practical insights, tools, best practices and the real-world expertise you need to harness growth opportunities for your career and your organization. AMP is a comprehensive learning journey that will help you build future-ready capabilities through real-world case studies and interactions with faculty in a live-online format, using research driven insights to drive growth. Along with other high-achieving peers from around the world, you will develop a global perspective and the expertise to apply this knowledge.
Prepare to seize the opportunity to shape the playbook for the new normal in your industry as you emerge as a high-performing executive that is capable of leading in a complex and ever-changing global market.
Upon the completion of NUS AMP, apart from becoming a part of the AMP community, participants will also become an integral part of the global NUS Business School Executive Education network. You will also become member of NUS Executive Circle.
Participants will also receive the benefits listed below*:
- The NUS Accelerated Management Program certificate from the NUS Business School.
- The ability to join the NUS Business School Executive Education LinkedIn group and the NUS AMP LinkedIn group.
- Invitation to all NUS Business School Executive Education events that occur globally.
- The NUS Business School Executive Education newsletters and electronic publications.
- Eligibility for a 10% discount on future executive education programs.
Through this program you will:
- Develop foundational skills in strategy, finance, and leadership.
- Explore diverse business perspectives, key trends in emerging technologies, and imbibe a deep understanding of the new dimensions of leadership in the digital age.
- Develop a keen sense of what the future looks like and how emerging technologies will shape and impact the market, your industry, and your organization.
- Acquire tools, frameworks, and techniques to drive change and leverage digital technologies to transform your organization.
- Employ a strategic growth mindset and drive a data-driven growth strategy to rapidly scale up in a dynamic marketplace.
- Identify new opportunities and focus on processes needed to consistently innovate for driving growth.
- Earn deeper perspectives into emerging business models and leverage them for a competitive advantage in an evolving business landscape.
- Leverage tools and skills to expand your team leadership and people leadership skills.
- Put your new knowledge, concepts, and frameworks into practice at your workplace in real-time, while developing meaningful connections with leaders of the same caliber from varied backgrounds, industries and countries.
- Build the confidence to step into and succeed in senior leadership roles in your organization and industry.
The AMP experience is tailored to the complex and changing role of on-the-move, high-performing professionals. It is designed to give you a competitive advantage with the application-oriented knowledge of management tools, insights, best practices, leadership skills, and diverse perspectives, building the confidence needed to succeed in a dynamic market. The program has been structured and tailored especially for working professionals and will allow you to learn at your own pace, and yet with enriching peer interactions and under the guidance of the distinguished faculty.
You will be privy to valuable insights from the distinguished faculty as well as industry thought leaders who lead the program. With distinguished international faculty, our blend of cutting-edge learning in a truly international forum is what differentiates the NUS Executive Education experience. The program will help you to grow your global network and enhance your learning journey through the experiences shared with a diverse peer group of accomplished professionals.
High-Touch Integrated Curriculum
Be immersed in a 9-month learning journey that includes interactive sessions with faculty and practitioners.
Learn at your own pace with guided online sessions and peer interactions.
Gain insights from internationally renowned global industry experts and some of the best faculty in the Asia Pacific.
Benefit from a teaching approach that includes real-world case studies, video lectures, virtual fireside chats, and research-driven insights.
Engage in dialogue with thought-leaders in HR and business from around the world.
Grow your network and enhance your learning experience through experiences shared with a diverse peer group of accomplished professionals.
The AMP curriculum is designed to enable you to benefit from the emerging growth opportunities in the world of business. The 9-month learning journey will transform you into a high-performing leader with the management foundations, as well as the digital skills and capabilities needed to lead and drive organizational growth and transformation, backed with analytics and data as well as a growth mindset.
The interactive and experiential curriculum builds a foundation in Strategy, Finance, and Leadership. It also provides exposure to emerging technologies, transformational practices, business models, cross-functional topical expertise, and relevant global trends and opportunities, each taught by world experts. You will leave with an application orientation understanding of covered topic areas, the innovation processes and change; and a ringside view of the impact of this change on industries, society, and our future.
The key topics covered in the program include:
NEW DIMENSIONS OF LEADERSHIP
- Leadership Assessment
- Leadership in the Most Uncertain World
STRATEGY, INNOVATION AND GROWTH MINDSET
- Business Strategy and Business Models
- Strategy and Innovation
- Driving Growth
BUSINESS MODELS AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Digital First Business Models
- Design Thinking
- Digital Transformation
- Digital Marketing
LEADERSHIP PROCESSES AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Leadership Communications
- Influence and Persuasion
APPLIED MANAGERIAL FINANCE, MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES AND INDUSTRY 4.0
- Smart Cities
- Emerging Opportunities
MARKETING ANALYTICS AND GROWTH HACKING FOR SCALE
- Marketing Analytics Strategy
- Marketing Analytics Tools and Techniques for UMM
- Growth Hacking for Driving Scale
LEADING TEAMS AND PEOPLE (PERSPECTIVES)
- Managing Growth
- Leading in Uncertainity / Crisis
AI/ML, DATA SCIENCE AND BUSINESS ANALYTICS
- Analytics and AI/ML Tools and Techniques
- Data Visualization and Reporting
- Decision Analysis and Forecasting
Andrew Delios is a Professor in the Department of Strategy & Policy, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore. He completed his PhD in 1998 at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. He became a Fellow of the Academy of International Business in 2013. ...
Michael was born and spent his early years in Malaysia and Uganda. He graduated from Durham University in Chinese followed by postgraduate studies in Japanese language, politics and economics at Nanzan University, Nagoya, after which he worked for Toyota Motor Corporation in Toyota City, Aichi pr...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.