Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
This programme is designed for senior management professionals of medium to large public and private sector organisations who are desirably above 35 years of age with more than 10 years of managerial experience. The participants are either in senior management positions reporting to the top management or are groomed to occupy such positions or are currently heading a functional department.
About the course
The 3-Tier Programme (3-TP) is a set of flagship executive programmes designed, developed and offered by Indian Institute of Management (IIMA) with the following management philosophy:
- Managerial effectiveness is enhanced if managerial competence and skill development activity are viewed from the perspective of the entire organisation.
- Organisational growth and development is facilitated if executives are exposed to learning opportunities and experiences that simulate the activities and responsibilities of teams in organisations.
- The process of change is accelerated and sustained when interventions on managerial skills are initiated simultaneously at several levels.
- The potential for the development and upgradation of its people is considered a critical factor for an organisation in the long term.
Operationally, 3-TP is a set of three executive programmes designed to meet the developmental needs of middle, senior and top executives of medium and large organisations.
The 3-Tier Programmes which have been offered over 63 time in the past have so far attracted over 11,180 participants from public, private and government sector organisations.
The programme is divided into several interdependent modules, each of which focusses on a different aspect or function of management from a senior management perspective. The programme concludes with an integrated exercise requiring participants to apply their learning from the modules to a real life case.
- Data driven decision-making
- Using analytics to deliver better value
- Making business decisions using analytical tools
Business and Competitive Strategy
- Strategic Positioning
- Competitive and market dynamics
- Strategy execution and organizational alignment
- Understanding corporate investment
- Making financial decisions
Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Role of the Board in governance
- Ethical perspectives
- Managing growth and diversification
- Mergers, acquisitions and valuation
- Managing strategic Alliances
- International expansion
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Tracking organisational performance through Performance Management Systems
- Problem structuring and analysis
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Revenue Management
Economic Environment and Policy
- Framework for understanding the macro-economic environment
- Elements of fiscal and monetary policies
- Global economic environment
Financial and Cost Accounting
- Analysis of financial statements
- Costing for managerial decisions
Human Resource Management
- Emerging trends in human resource management
- Managing human resources for enhancing performance
Innovation and Change management
- Disruptive innovations
- New age business models
- Developing an entrepreneurial mindset
- Managing innovation across borders
- IT as an enabler for modern businesses
- Strategic IT
Legal Aspects of Business Management
- Contracts in business
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property issues
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing negotiations
- Communication in crisis situations
- Customer value creation
- Product market choice imperatives
- Product positioning
- Trends in modern-day marketing
- Organising operations for efficiency and effectiveness
- Quality management and assurance
- Uncertainty, Complexity and Risk in Projects
- Leadership by Project Management
- Managing competencies
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership and team building
- Power in organisations
- Understanding the role of Risk Management in modern business
- Assessing financial and business risk
- Opportunity engineering
Arindam Banerjee joined the faculty at IIM Ahmedabad after working in the industry for over seven years. After securing his Ph.D in Marketing Sciences, Arindam was associated with various consulting / market research firms in the United States. During his tenure in industry, he worked on business...
Prof. Naman Desai – Finance and Accounting Educational Qualifications PhD (Accounting), 2008 – Department of Accounting, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL Masters in Accountancy, 2003 – Culverhouse School of Accountancy, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL Chartered Accountant, 2000 –...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.