Aobo Wang is currently a lecturer and consultant with National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS) with responsibility in teaching, consulting and research. He lectures in the areas of text mining, natural language processing, and machine learning. He received his Ph.D. degree from School of Computing, National University of Singapore in the year of 2015. His research interests lie in text mining and natural language processing especially for social media. Prior to joining ISS, he was served as an IT Lead and PM in the bank of BNP PARIBAS, Global IT-HUB in Singapore.
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications
- PhD in Computer Science, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- B.E. (High Honors) in Computer Science, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Academic and Professional Experience
- 04/2014 - 12/2018 IT Lead & Project Manager, WM of BNP Paribas
- 09/2016 - 12/2016 Adjunct Lecturer in Master Program, ISS-NUS
- 05/2013 - 04/2014 Research Assistant , School of Computing-NUS
- 01/2013 - 04/2013 Internship in NEC Kansai Research Lab , Nara, Japan
- Member of ACL
- Conference presentation in IJCNLP 2013, Nagoya, Japan
- Conference presentation in ACL 2013, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Conference presentation in NAACL-WLSM 2012, Montrėal, Canada
- Natural Language Processing especially for social media
- Text Mining and Information Retrieval
- Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
- Aobo Wang and Min-Yen Kan. 2013.
- Mining Informal Language from Chinese Microtext: Joint Word Recognition and Segmentation. In Proceedings of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics
- (ACL Volume 1: Long Papers). Sofia, Bulgaria. August 2013. P731-741
- Aobo Wang, Min-Yen Kan, Daniel Andrade, Takashi Onishi, Kai Ishikawa. 2013.
- Chinese Informal Word Normalization: an Experimental Study. In Proceedings of the Sixth International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing
- (IJCNLP 2013 : Long Papers). Nagoya, Japan. October 2013. P127-135
- Aobo Wang, Tao Chen and Min-Yen Kan. 2012.
- Re-tweeting from a Linguistic Perspective. In Proceedings of the NAACL-HLT 2012 Workshop on Language in Social Media.
- (WLSM 2012: Long Paper). Montrėal, Canada. June 2012. P46-55
- Aobo Wang, Cong Duy Vu Hoang and Min-Yen Kan. 2012.
- Perspectives on Crowdsourcing Annotations for Natural Language Processing. Journal of Language Resources and Evaluation.
- (ISI / SCI) indexed). March 2012. 10.1007/s10579-012-9176-1