Who should attend
This is an intermediate course, suitable for professionals with several years of system building experience, with an interest or requirement to understand and implement cognitive systems which need to interact naturally with users.
It is applicable for professionals engaged in the following areas:
- Developers of intelligent systems
- AI engineers or specialist
- Project managers of intelligent systems
- Solution architects for intelligent systems
About the course
Cognitive systems augment and accelerate human capabilities by mimicking how humans learn, think and adapt. Such systems often need to maintain a knowledge base and be able to reason out the solution meanwhile to response to the input from outside world. The keys are firstly to represent knowledge in an efficient way for mining and reasoning purpose. Secondly a optimised reasoning strategy should be applied to prepare a suitable response to outside. Besides, an intelligent way of human computer interaction is also needed to bridge the gap of communication. It requires technologies from natural language processing, speech/vision processing, machine learning, as well as core reasoning.
This course teaches how to analyse, design and build systems that interact naturally with humans, and extend and magnify human expertise and cognition. Topics include: classification of cognitive systems, common architectures, cognitive knowledge representation and reasoning, machine learning, natural language processing, audio and visual processing, etc. Example systems such as personal assistants like Amazon’s Alexa, will be discussed.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify appropriate business scenarios requiring systems that extend human expertise and/or cognition
- Gain a practical understanding of the concepts and techniques that enable systems to mimic human reasoning, and/or interact with human naturally
- Create suitable design using common architectures of such applications after analysis of business requirements
- Develop/integrate and evaluate such systems using existing libraries
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Introduction of Cognitive Systems
- Cognitive Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Cognitive System Case-Study
- Natural Language Comprehension and Processing
- Speech Recognition Systems
- Vision Cognition Systems
Tian Jing currently lectures in the Analytics and Intelligent Systems Practice in the areas of artificial intelligence, data analytics, and machine learning. He received his Ph.D. degree from School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to j...
Aobo Wang is currently a lecturer and consultant with National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS) with responsibility in teaching, consulting and research. He lectures in the areas of text mining, natural language processing, and machine learning. He received his Ph.D...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.