Prof. Sumanta Basu is an Associate Professor of Operations Management at Indian Institute of Management
Calcutta. He holds a doctoral degree in Production and Quantitative Methods from Indian Institute of Management
Ahmedabad. Prior joining to IIM Calcutta, he was in XLRI, Jamshedpur as a faculty member and was a consultant
in product management group of Wipro Technologies. His primary research interests are in operations and supply
chain management, data analysis, risk management and uncertainty, pricing and revenue analysis of organizations
etc. He holds multiple US patents in process efficiency enhancement. He has designed and delivered training
programs to unit heads and senior management professionals in various public and private organizations. He is also
actively involved in various consultancy projects and in executive education spanning various areas in supply chain,
*Journal Publications: *
- • 2018: Decision-making under Risk: Evidence from the Hindi Movie Industry. Journal of Operations and Strategic Planning, 1(1), 15-33.
- • 2017: A Route Efficiency Analysis Using Shannon Entropy based Modified DEA Method and Route Characteristics Investigation for Urban Bus Transport in India. INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, 56(3): 332-359.
- • 2017: Efficient preprocessing methods for tabu search: an application on asymmetric travelling salesman problem. INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, 55(2): 134-158.
- • 2015: A DEA and Regression based Financial Performance Evaluation Framework for Public Bus Transport, Journal of Soft Computing and Decision Support Systems, 2(3): 9-13, 2015.
- • 2015: Metaheuristic applications on discrete facility location problems: a survey, OPSEARCH, 52: 3, 530 - 561, Springer, 2015. (with Sharma, M. and Ghosh, P.S.)
- • 2015: Pricing and cloud services-the impact of broadband quality, OMEGA-The International Journal of Management Science, 50, 96 – 114, Elsevier, 2015. (with Chakraborty, S. and Sharma, M.)
- • 2014: Pricing Infrastructure-as-a-Service for online two-sided platform providers, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 13: 3, 199 - 223, 2014. (with Chakraborty, S. and Sharma, M.)
- • 2013: A fast tabu search implementation for large asymmetric traveling salesman problem, OPSEARCH, 50: 1, 1 - 14, Springer, 2013. (with Gajulapalli, R. S. and Ghosh, D.)
- • 2013: The Kolkata Police force and Durga Puja: Managing a mega-festival in a metropolis, Decision, 40: 3, Springer, 2013. (with Bose, I. and Ghosh, S.)
- • 2012: Neighborhood reduction strategy for tabu search implementation in asymmetric traveling salesman problem, OPSEARCH, 49: 4, 400 – 412, Springer, 2012. (with Ghosh, D.)
- • 2012: Tabu search implementation on traveling salesman problem and its variations: A literature survey, American Journal of Operations Research, 2: 2, 163-173, 201