Associate Professor of Marketing, Chair of Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
Professor Seema Gupta specializes in digital marketing. She is an educator, trainer, researcher and consultant in digital marketing. Having trained more than 1000 professionals in middle and senior management in digital marketing she has deep insights in the domain. She has published papers in reputed journals such as Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice, Public Relations Review, Corporate Reputation Review, Management Review and Vikalpa. Winner of the EFMD Best case award (2011) and ISB-IVEY Best Case Award (2011), Professor Gupta has written cases on marketing challenges faced by companies such as Volkswagen, Bosch, Nielsen, DDB Mudra, Dainik Bhaskar etc. Her cases have been registered with Harvard Business School Publishing.
She has presented papers in international conferences. She has provided consulting in marketing strategy and communications to companies such as Nandini milk, Nilon’s, Karnataka State Seed Corporation, INDCOSERVE etc. Her articles have appeared in national media such as Economic Times and Financial Express. She is regularly quoted in national media for her views on marketing and digital. She is also the Chairperson of Post Graduate Program in Enterprise Management (PGPEM) at IIM-B. Prior to IIMB she has worked with RPG group in sales and marketing function and Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA).
- PhD, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
- MBA, RA Podar Institute of Management, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- BA (Economics, Psychology and Statistics), Rajasthan University, Jaipur (Gold Medalist)
- XI (Humanities), State Topper (Gold Medalist)
- X (Humanities), City Topper, (Gold Medalist)
- Maity, M. and Gupta, S. (2016). Mediating Effect of Loyalty Program Membership on the Relationship between Advertising Effectiveness and Brand Loyalty, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Accepted for Publication.
- Gupta, S. (2016). “New Perspectives on Communication of Change in Corporate Identity,” IIMB Management Review, Vol 28 (2), June, 60-71.
- Gupta, S., Maity, M. and Pandey, S. (2014). "Sponsor, Ambusher and Others: Consumer Response to the Three Strategies," Vikalpa.
- Gupta, S. and Ramachandran, J. (2013). "The Park Hotels: Designing Communications," Asian Case Research Journal, Vol No. 17, Issue 2, pp 199-224.
- Gupta, S. (2012) "Fighting the Advertising Battle," Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4, Issue 2.
- Gupta, S. (2012) "Strategic Interdependence between Experience Marketing and Business Strategy," Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4, Issue 3.
- Gupta, S. (2011) "Enhancing the Role of Corporate Communications: A Practice-based Approach", Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 14, No.2, pp 114-132.
- Gupta, S. (2007) "Professionalism in Indian Public Relations and Corporate Communications: An Empirical Analysis", Public Relations Review, Vol. 33, No. 3.
- Gupta, S. (2003) "Event Marketing: Issues and Challenges", IIMB Management Review, Vol. 15, No. 2.
Cases Registered with Harvard:
- Gupta, S. (2015) “Volkswagen India: Das Auto Digitally,” IIMB Case No. IIMB513 registered with Harvard
- Gupta, S. (2014). “Dainik Bhaskar Group : Aspiring Growth,” IIMB Case No. IIMB461 registered with Harvard
- Gupta, S. (2013) "Nielsen: Market Research for Pantene," IIMB Case No. IMB419.
- Gupta, S. (2013) "Volkswagen in India," IIMB Case No. IMB443.
- Gupta, S. Mishra, K and Maheshwari, A. (2013) "Procter & Gamble India: Gap in the Product Portfolio," IIMB Case No. IMB433.
- Gupta, S. and Mahadevan, B. (2011) "Indcoserve: Stirring Up," Winner of ISB-IVEY Case Competition 2011, IIMB Case No. IMB345.
- Gupta, S. (2011) "Coke-Pepsi: From Global to Indian Advertising," IIMB Case No. IMB387.
- Ramachandran, J. and Gupta, S. (2010) "The Park Hotels: Designing Experience," IIMB Case No. IMB373, Winner of EFMD 2011 Award.
- Gupta, S. (2011) "Bosch in India," IIMB Case No. IMB409.
- Gupta, S. "Write Magnificent Memos," Times of India, March 31, 2014.
- Gupta, S. "How Viral marketing led to Kolaveri Di Rage," Education Times, Times of India, January 9, 2012.
- Gupta, S. "Increase investments in Research and Development," Rajasthan Patrika, May 20, 2009.
- Gupta, S. and Chidambra S.T.; "Government Banks Top Consumer Preferences," Economic Times, January 3, 2007.
- Gupta, S. and Atul Tandan, "Spin Doctors should Become Integrated Communicators," Financial Express, March 10, 2006.
- Gupta, S, Gupta, T and Shainesh, G. “Navigating from Program Loyalty to Company Loyalty,” International conference of Atehns Institute for Education and Research, 27-30 June, 2016, Athens, Greece.
- Kumar, S. and Gupta, S. etal. “Evolution of Social Media Sentiments for Individual Human Brands: Evidence from Indian Election,” Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) Annual Conference, May 8 – 11, 2015, Washington, DC.
- Gupta, S., Gupta, T. and Shainesh, G. “Involvement with Experience: Activating the Impact of Brand Experiences on Brand Attitude and Loyalty.” Presented at the Emerging Markets Conference 2015 during January 20-22, 2015 at IMT Dubai
- Maity, M. and Gupta, S. "The Mediating Effect of Loyalty Program Membership on the Relationship between Advertising and Loyalty." Presented at the IIM Lucknow International Conference in Marketing and Emerging Markets, January 9-11, 2014.
- Gupta, S., Maity, M. and Pandey, S. "Sponsor, Ambusher and Others: Consumer Response to the Three Strategies." Presented at the IIML International Conference in Marketing on Shaping the Future of Research in Marketing in Emerging Economies: Looking Ahead, at IIM Lucknow (Noida campus), January 13-14, 2012.
- Gupta, S. "Bosch Ltd: Migrating and Building the Brand," Presented at the 13th International Conference on Corporate Reputation, Image and Identity in Amsterdam, May 28-30, 2009.
- Gupta, S. "Corporate Communications: A Practice Oriented Approach," Presented at the international conference on Corporate Reputation, Identity and Competitiveness in Beijing, China, May 29-June 1, 2008.