Jim Svagerko is an executive leadership coach and organizational change consultant with almost 30 years of experience working as a leader within the health care industry, first as a clinician, executive leader and then as a teacher and coach. Jim has worked with many levels of health care associates including informal leaders, front line managers, physicians and executive C-suite leadership.
Jim meets the needs of each leader by drawing upon a variety of resources and approaches that are tailored to the unique aspirations of the individual. He helps his clients to integrate learning into daily practice through one-on-one coaching, group coaching and mentoring. Jim believes it is necessary for individuals to evaluate one’s own self first, examine current behaviors and then discuss ways of integrating the knowledge and insights from this reflection into their daily routines. Jim guides his clients to a full awareness of self, prior to moving the individual to new thought and action.
Recently, at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA, Jim designed, developed and delivered custom leadership academies for different audiences, from the programs for the “informal leader” to the C-suite executive. At OhioHealth in Columbus OH, Jim designed and implemented multiple leadership academies, including a Physician Leadership Academy. Jim combines multiple coaching approaches, proven leadership theory and practice and innovative course design to achieve outstanding results.
Jim is trained as a Speech Language Pathologist, Audiologist and Educator. From his roots as a clinician he brings takes a caring and gentle approach to coaching, while establishing outcomes with the leader. In addition to his work as a leadership coach and facilitator, Jim is an Adjunct Faculty at Georgetown University, Ohio University and Franklin University, where he teaches many aspects of Leadership and Coaching.
RELATED PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
· Jim brings almost 30 years of experience as a practicing Speech Language Pathologist, Audiologist, Executive, Leadership Coach and Educator. From his roots as a clinician he brings forth a caring and temperate approach to coaching, while establishing plans with the leader for measured results.
· Jim is also faculty of Georgetown University’s Health and Wellness Coaching Certification program.
· Jim has built multiple Leadership Academies for all levels of leadership including informal through executive. This included Transformational Leader, Manager as Leader, Executive Leader and Physician Leader Academies.
· Jim is part of the Healthcare Leadership Faculty at Ohio University and Franklin University
· As a consultant and coach, he has worked with many different organizations/industries including healthcare, manufacturing, legal organizations, research and lobbying organizations.
· Jim also works with new and upcoming organizations to build vision and strategy implementation.
· As a coach, Jim has worked with many levels of organizations from entrepreneurs, CEOs/C-Suite executives, executives focusing on developing plans for leader transformation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· Jim is a graduate of the Georgetown University Executive Leadership Coaching Program.
· Master’s Degree in Communications from The Ohio State University, and his Bachelor’s Degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences from The Ohio State University.
· Certified in a variety of Leadership Assessments such as: 360 Leadership Circle Profile, DiSC, MSCEIT, EQ-I, Predictive Index, and other leadership assessments.
· Currently holds the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) distinction from the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Leadership Skills Primer
Best Executive Programs on Aritficial Intelligence
5 Reasons Why You May Prefer Open Enrollment Programs over Executive MBA