Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Daily classroom topics include:
Day 1: Strategic Management Foundations
- Understanding competitive advantage
- How to employ organization resources
- Learn how to sustain competitive advantage in any industry or sector
- Impact of organizational dynamics on strategy
- mportance of ethics and strategy
- Explore strategic choices when competing globally
Day 2: Managing Strategy Formulation and Evaluation
- Evaluate different strategy formulation models
- Focus on choosing the best model and steps in strategy formulation process
- Understand corporate-level, business unit, and functional strategy integration
- Use of HBR simulation to understand strategy formulation and evaluation
- Understand best practice tools to measure strategy performance
Day 3: Managing Strategy Implementation and Change
- Focus on implementation of strategies
Facilitating cultural change and barriers to strategic implementation
Global and ethical challenges considered
Day 4 and 5: Capstone Experience in Strategic Management
Using guiding tools and templates, construct a strategic plan in order to maximize competitive advantage and organizational performance.
Effectively present the plan.
Upon successful completion of the certificate, participants will be able to:
Understand the processes of strategic planning in the public, private and non-profit sectors
Use a template to lead the development of a strategic plan, including vision, mission, core values, goals, objectives, and strategies
Measure and evaluate the performance of a strategic plan
Communicate performance to organizational stakeholders
Practice strategic management from a global and ethical perspective
Trust the experts
John has been Academic Program Director and Lead Instructor for the Certificate in Strategy and Performance Management for 15 years. By profession, Dr. Corso is an internal management consultant for the enterprise planning organization of a major public sector agency in Washington DC, in which ca...
Mr. Steinberg is a distinguished member of the Federal Senior Executive Service and a recognized leader in strategic planning, performance management, and organizational management. Mr. Steinberg has served as Agency Director and Deputy Director for DOL’s Office of Workers' Compensation Programs ...