XCPD-523 Creating Effective Marketing Plans
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Marketing plans are often created ad hoc and with limited research to inform them. However, in today's competitive environment, organizations place a greater premium on comprehensive planning for more effective marketing outcomes. Understanding the fundamental principles of strategic and tactical planning is a key first step for building an effective marketing action plan. This course teaches students the core competencies needed for analyzing marketplace dynamics, preparing a distinctive and relevant strategy, assembling a creative marketing program, and analyzing plan effectiveness. Students will complete an entire marketing plan cycle from start to finish.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Apply core competencies needed for analyzing marketplace dynamics, preparing a distinctive and relevant strategy, assembling a creative marketing program, and analyzing plan effectiveness.
- Develop a marketing plan cycle from start to finish.
Fundamentals of Marketing: Your Action Plan for Success
Learn best practices for developing and implementing a great marketing plan
As a marketing professional, you need to have a clear understanding of your markets and what drives your customers' decisions to buy. In this course, you’ll get modern techniques for analyzing markets and quantifying customer needs, wants, and preferences (NWP). Learn tactics to utilize the 4 Ps of Marketing (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion) and proven tools and methods to avoid the most common marketing mistakes. In hands-on activities, you’ll discover how to implement the right approach for your company’s unique needs.
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize the wide-ranging marketing roles and functions within different organizations
- Apply modern techniques for conducting marketplace analysis
- Utilize insightful marketing tactics to pinpoint why customers buy or don’t buy
- Align the 4 Ps with your products, services, and customer wants
What You Will Cover
- Identifying your key marketing challenges
- Defining crucial marketplace data and implementing market research
- Understanding the components of each of the 4 Ps
- Relating stages of the product lifecycle to marketing strategy
- Conducting a product SWOT analysis
- Positioning your organization’s product(s) and/or service(s) in the marketplace
- Exploring different marketing communication vehicles and channels used for promotion
- Developing a marketing plan for your organization
This Seminar Features Blended Learning
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses, and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
- Recognize the Widely Varying Roles and Functions of Marketing Within Different Organizations
- Apply Modern Techniques for Conducting Marketplace Analysis
- Utilize Insightful Marketing Tactics to Identify and Quantify the Key Factors That Drive Your Customers’ Purchase Decisions
- Determine How to Utilize the Four Ps of Marketing (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion) to Align Your Offerings with the Customers’ Key Purchasing Factors
- Identify Your Key Challenges and Concerns in Marketing
- Recognize That the Roles and Functions of Marketing Vary Widely Within Organizations
- Define Marketing in a Way That Is Relevant to Your Organization
- Describe the Four Essential Elements for Effective Marketing and Rate Your Ability
- Define Market Research
- Identify Multiple Sources for Insightful Marketplace Information
- Define Crucial Marketplace Data
- Recognize the Primary Macro-Environmental Trends That Influence Organizations’ Success
The Marketing Mix—Product/Price/Place/Promotion
- Define Each of the Four Ps and Describe the Components of Each
- Relate Stages of the Product Life Cycle to Marketing Strategy
- Collect Accurate Product Data and Determine Customers’ Needs, Wants, and Preferences (NWP)
- Conduct a Product SWOT Analysis
- Position Your Organization’s Product(s) and/or Service(s) in the Marketplace
- Recognize the Factors That Impact Price and Develop a Pricing Strategy
- Describe the Factors Related to Determining Place
- Explain the Marketing Communication Vehicles and Channels Used for Promotion
Your Action Plan for Success
- Measure Your Professional Growth During the Course and Identify Further Development Options
- Develop a Marketing Plan Outline for One of Your Organization’s Products or Services
Who should attend
Newly-appointed marketers; product, brand, and advertising managers; business professionals and executives who need a clearer understanding of marketing’s role in generating profits.