About the course
For optimum performance and competitive advantage, today's organizations must identify, plan, and deliver information technology (IT) solutions that support business processes. It is the role of the project manager to determine customer requirements, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, manage the project team, and utilize project management tools to accomplish the work on time, within budget, and to performance specifications.
This course covers frameworks, processes, tools, and templates specific to IT projects. Participants will gain an understanding of success factors and fail points common to both software and hardware projects. Specific topic areas include: understanding enterprise architecture and information assurance, gathering requirements, analyzing make vs. buy decisions, uncovering the benefits and risks of utilizing "the cloud", understanding compliance and audit issues, and others.
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to:
- Gain a high-level view of enterprise architecture and systems
- Identify how IT projects differ from other types of projects
- Assess the complexity of an IT project
- Describe common success factors and fail points unique to IT projects
- Learn frameworks and tools used by experienced IT project managers
- Create a high-level project plan for an IT project
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.