XCPD-043 Coaching Teams and Groups
This course emphasizes experiential learning exercises, in which participants coach teams and team leaders, and design activities for them that support alignment to organizational goals.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Learn a set of core organization design concepts regarding teams and team-based structures
- Learn the characteristics of high performance teams
- Learn about team dynamics that can help or hinder the team’sperformance
- Learn the distinctions between coaching, consulting, facilitation, and team-building
- Learn basic team coaching interventions in the domains of inquiry and advocacy
- Practice coaching teams and team leaders in the domains of communication and meeting management
- Be able to describe the benefits and process of team coaching
- Develop the necessary team coaching skills related to creating clear boundaries and maintaining proper confidentiality in a team coaching engagement
This Team coaching online course is open to all learners from around the world who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Aims of the course:
This course has been designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of:
- A range of team models, theories and approaches and their applications within the workplace
- The supporting and resistant forces behind high team performance
- The impact of behaviours on team effectiveness
- Coaching approaches to enhance both team performance and the team culture
Course content overview:
Content for the Team coaching online course is expected to include the following:
- Teams: applying models and theories
- Teams: roles, performance and outcomes
- Coaching the team
- The psychology of teams
- Towards team excellence
Each week of an online course is roughly equivalent to 2-3 hours of classroom time. On top of this, participants should expect to spend roughly 2-3 hours reading material, etc., although this will vary from person to person.
While they have a specific start and end date and will follow a weekly schedule (for example, week 1 will cover topic A, week 2 will cover topic B), our tutor-led online courses are designed to be flexible and as such would normally not require participants to be online for a specific day of the week or time of the day (although some tutors may try to schedule times where participants can be online together for web seminars, which will be recorded so that those who are unable to be online at certain times are able to access material).
Unless otherwise stated, all course material will be posted on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) so that they can be accessed at any time throughout the duration of the course and interaction with your tutor and fellow participants will take place through a variety of different ways which will allow for both synchronous and asynchronous learning (discussion boards,etc).
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who contribute constructively to weekly discussions and exercises/assignments for the duration of the course.
Who should attend
This course is open to everyone, and you don’t need any previous knowledge or experience of the subject to attend.