About the course
In this foundational course in learning how to coach leaders, students will learn fundamental distinctions, concepts and models that help coaches work effectively with leaders. In addition, aspiring coaches will learn about the necessity of working on their own development, and will be introduced to basic coaching skills that will be expanded upon in subsequent courses.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- Build self-awareness and learn the language of coaching
- Notice how we notice and discover how one makes meaning from experience
- “See” a story as a personal construct rather than “the truth”
- “See” with new eyes in order to generate possibilities for personal and client growth
- Initiate a process for formulating a personal coaching philosophy and practice
- Explain the distinctions of coaching within an organizational system
- Focus on Coach as Self, Coach as Connection, and Coaching as Art and Craft
Randy Chittum is an executive coach who works with executives and managers worldwide in a variety of organizational settings. He works at all levels of the organization, specializing in leadership development (coaching, teaching, systems, & infrastructure) and organization development. Rand...
Bill Pullen is President of BPA Coaching and Consulting. He is an executive coach and organizational development consultant who provides executive coaching, team coaching, and leadership development services to both public and private organizations. His work focuses on developing current and eme...
Senior coach and consultant Karen Curnow works with executives, managers, teams, and coaches in corporate, non-profit, and government organizations to develop powerful, compassionate leaders. Compass International Founder Karen Curnow is an internationally recognized authority in developing power...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.