XCPD-040 Leadership Coaching as an Organization Intervention
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
In this foundational course in learning how to coach leaders, students will learn fundamental distinctions, concepts and models that help coaches work effectively with leaders. In addition, aspiring coaches will learn about the necessity of working on their own development, and will be introduced to basic coaching skills that will be expanded upon in subsequent courses.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- Build self-awareness and learn the language of coaching
- Notice how we notice and discover how one makes meaning from experience
- “See” a story as a personal construct rather than “the truth”
- “See” with new eyes in order to generate possibilities for personal and client growth
- Initiate a process for formulating a personal coaching philosophy and practice
- Explain the distinctions of coaching within an organizational system
- Focus on Coach as Self, Coach as Connection, and Coaching as Art and Craft
Other courses you may want to consider
XCPD-043 Coaching Teams and Groups
This course emphasizes experiential learning exercises, in which participants coach teams and team leaders, and design activities for them that support alignment to organizational goals.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Learn a set of core organization design concepts regarding teams and team-based structures
- Learn the characteristics of high performance teams
- Learn about team dynamics that can help or hinder the team’sperformance
- Learn the distinctions between coaching, consulting, facilitation, and team-building
- Learn basic team coaching interventions in the domains of inquiry and advocacy
- Practice coaching teams and team leaders in the domains of communication and meeting management
- Be able to describe the benefits and process of team coaching
- Develop the necessary team coaching skills related to creating clear boundaries and maintaining proper confidentiality in a team coaching engagement