XMED-522 - Health & Wellness Coaching Skills I
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Health Coaching Skills I offers an overview of health coaching and its relevance in today’s healthcare infrastructure. Content, discussion, and application include key theoretical models, coaching processes, and practitioner methods used to accomplish effective health behavior change. Additional topics include self-awareness and self-reflection as learners. Class activities include small group discussion and triad coaching circles skills practice.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain why health coaching is relevant in today’s healthcare infrastructure
- Develop a personalized definition of health coaching
- Differentiate between health coaching and counseling or other medical care approaches
- Evaluate successful elements in promoting health behavior change
- Examine models used in understanding and successfully promoting health behavior change
- Demonstrate health coaching skills in triad coaching circles
- Develop and conduct health coaching contracting sessions with a client
- Describe and demonstrate client discovery sessions