About the course
Health Coaching Skills I offers an overview of health coaching and its relevance in today’s healthcare infrastructure. Content, discussion, and application include key theoretical models, coaching processes, and practitioner methods used to accomplish effective health behavior change. Additional topics include self-awareness and self-reflection as learners. Class activities include small group discussion and triad coaching circles skills practice.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain why health coaching is relevant in today’s healthcare infrastructure
- Develop a personalized definition of health coaching
- Differentiate between health coaching and counseling or other medical care approaches
- Evaluate successful elements in promoting health behavior change
- Examine models used in understanding and successfully promoting health behavior change
- Demonstrate health coaching skills in triad coaching circles
- Develop and conduct health coaching contracting sessions with a client
- Describe and demonstrate client discovery sessions
Petra Platzer, PhD, PCC, partners with individuals, teams and healthcare organizations to unlock new thinking and create courageous steps forward to achieve their desired healthy outcomes. Petra is a development-oriented coach, facilitator and systems thinker. As a well-published cancer research...
Jen Wood, MA, ACC, combines her skills as a Health & Wellness Coach and Nutritionist with her experience as a Leadership Coach to help women leaders discover the right combination of nutrition, lifestyle and mindset practices so they can show up in life and work as the best version of themsel...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.