Who should attend
This course is designed for female executives and women with management responsibilities, especially those leading teams, direct reports and product lines and verticals. Past leaders who improved their effectiveness and vision include corporate presidents and vice presidents, directors, senior HR managers and scientists, independent consultants and many more.
About the course
In The Women's Leadership Program, you'll develop a vision for how you lead and influence on multiple fronts.
Now, perhaps more than ever, women are called on to lead in organizations and society. Create opportunities to leverage your strengths and lead confidently at all levels.
- Expand your knowledge of strategy, negotiation, communication and leadership
- Manage conflict and drive change
- Build and strengthen critical networks and partnerships
- Anticipate future industry trends and predict their impact on your company's success
Blend your instincts and experience with accelerating techniques from the most powerful women in business.
- Strengthen your ability to build influence and inspire others through focus on corporate culture, communication, conflict management, leveraging differences, crisis leadership and decision-making under pressure.
- Assess and address your unique challenges and opportunities through simulations, workshops, a network assessment exercise and one-on-one professional and personal coaching.
- Identify your leadership strengths and practice applying them across your current and future organizational responsibilities.
- Learn to actively manage your professional development and secure managerial support for innovative ideas and strategic opportunities.
- Participate in a personal wellness program to help you maintain peak performance in and out of the office.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Case study readings
- Intro Webinar
- Strength Development Inventory (SDI) Assessment
- Reflected Best-Self Exercise
- Self-Care Quiz
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Impact & Outcomes
- Maximize the effectiveness of your most powerful capabilities in uncertain as well as structured environments.
- Manage change, negotiate successfully, strengthen networks and lead your organization to greater profits.
- Develop a fully articulated voice and vision for personal and organizational development that includes a holistic approach to wellness.
- Build and strengthen your critical network of allies and partnerships.
Education: A.B., Harvard College; Ph.D., Stanford University As the current Johnson and Higgins Professorship of Business Administration, Martin Davidson teaches, conducts research and consults with global leaders on how they can use diversity strategically to generate superior business performa...
Wellness Program Coordinator, Darden School; Health Risk Reduction Services Coordinator, UVA Health System A registered dietician with a Master of Public Health, Bodily develops and delivers health, fitness and nutrition interventions and programs for public and corporate clients, including scho...
Education: B.S. Ed., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville; MEd, Kent State University; Ed.D., Lehigh University Assistant Professor June West teaches First-Year Management Communication in the MBA program at Darden and Second-Year electives in special topics in organizational communication. ...
Sean Martin is an associate professor at University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business. His research addresses how organizational and societal contexts affect the leader-follower dynamic. His research appears in top academic journals including Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Manage...
Education: B.S., MA, University of Washington Lecturer Marc W. Modica teaches Negotiation and Communication courses in Darden''s MBA program. Modica previously taught at a number of institutions, including the International University of Japan, the University of Hawaii, Edmonds and South Seattl...
Dr. Laura Morgan Roberts is a Teaching Professor of Management at the McDonough School of Business. She has served on the faculties of Harvard Business School and Antioch University’s Graduate School of Leadership and Change. She has also taught courses in organizational behavior, psychology, neg...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.