Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for outstanding female leaders at a significant inflection point in their career.
Participants include women executives who are:
- Managers with 10+ years of management experience.
- Two or three levels from C-suite positions.
- Looking to make a leadership transition, or at an inflection point in their careers.
- Executives and functional managers who aspire to positions of greater influence and authority.
About the course
Step up to a top level role, and maximise your impact. We work with you and a sponsor from your organisation to accelerate your next move.
Join our unique multi-modular learning journey over 9 weeks, beginning with a 1.5-hour virtual session, then 4.5 days on campus, followed by virtual sessions (approximately 14 hours over 7 weeks).
Take your place at the top
Seal your success with the mindset, the skills and the network to move to the top level. Our unique 4-month programme blends online and classroom learning to maximise your career impact.
Benefits for you
- Drive your career progression and transition to a greater leadership role in your organisation.
- Gain the mindset, tools and confidence to lead with impact, and navigate uncertainty and change.
- Develop the skills to articulate a vision and inspire followers, and gain strategic communication skills to manage key stakeholders and influence without authority.
- Rethink your personal leadership style and explore and experiment with new approaches.
- The only programme in the world which works with your line manager or sponsor to design and execute an action plan for change.
- Build a network of female peers from diverse backgrounds to support you as you progress.
Benefits for your organisation
- Build diversity into your leadership and succession pipeline to secure future growth.
- Equip your female talent with the capabilities, tools and mindset to lead in your business.
- Create role models and mentors for your future aspiring female leaders.
- The only programme in the world which actively builds stronger and more supportive relationships between your female leaders and their sponsors and line managers.
- Offers sponsors or line managers the opportunity to join a global network of other sponsors supporting talented female leaders.
How you learn
MODULE 1 Engage and connect | Programme preparation and a 1.5-hour virtual session
Start your journey by connecting with your executive coach and your dedicated peer group in a virtual session. Meet your sponsor and prepare for Module 2 through readings, reflective questions and a 360 assessment. Get advice on how to build and nurture great sponsor relationships through our specially curated Sponsorship Toolkit. LBS faculty connect with your sponsor in a virtual 60 minute masterclass.
MODULE 2 Learn, challenge and explore | 4.5 days on campus
Immerse yourself in the on-campus learning experience in the heart of London. Our world-leading faculty take a deep dive into leadership skills, and use innovative learning techniques including role plays and experiential exercises to help you grow. Be yourself with more skill through coaching, and create an action plan for success.
MODULE 3 Apply your learning | Virtual sessions (approximately 7.5 hours over 6 weeks)
Back at work, review your action plan with your sponsor, and implement your learning. Build momentum with individual coaching, and reconnect with your peer group virtually to share your progress and learn from others. Continue your learning through virtual masterclasses delivered by our world-leading faculty.
MODULE 4 Celebrate and inspire | Virtual sessions (approximately 2.5 hours over 1 week)
Participate in a final plenary session to celebrate the end of your journey and a final peer group meeting to share your achievements and next steps. Hold a final conversation with your sponsor to decide on next steps. Your sponsor attends a final 60 minute session with LBS.
What you learn
- Build an expanded leadership toolkit based on cutting-edge research and best practices.
- Gain strategic communication skills to articulate your vision, lead challenging conversations and inspire followers.
- Manage key stakeholders, influence without authority and increase gravitas.
- Acquire critical self-reflective skills as you explore your own leadership style, experiment with new approaches, and grow your capacity for self-transformation.
- Gain the mindset, confidence and capabilities to lead change in uncertainty and transform your organisation.
- Create a personal and actionable plan detailing what to do differently when you return to work, and how to engage effectively with line managers and sponsors.
Your learning experience
Your 9 week multi-modular learning journey is a blend of virtual and face-to-face learning experiences combining 360 assessments, case studies, experiential exercises, individual and group coaching to ensure you have the time and support to achieve personal and professional impact.
A native of Spain, Dr Isabel Fernandez-Mateo holds the Adecco Chair at London Business School. As Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, she has taught in various degree programmes at London Business School, including the required core Strategic Management course for the full time MBA and Ex...
Professor Kathleen O’Connor conducts research around negotiation, teamwork and decision making. She has two main focuses: networks and negotiations. Areas of research include how accurately people perceive social networks in novel social situations, how negotiators’ facial features affect the qua...
Herminia Ibarra is the Charles Handy Visiting Professor of Organisational Behaviour at London Business School and the Cora Chaired Professor of Leadership and Learning at INSEAD. Prior to joining INSEAD, she served on the Harvard Business School faculty for thirteen years. She is a judge for the ...
Jill trains business people to increase their personal presence and the impact they have upon others through body language, posture and vocal work. She is a specialist dialect coach working with actors, including; Meryl Streep, Javier Bardem, Dame Vanessa Redgrave and Dame Maggie Smith. Jill stud...
Videos and materials
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.