Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
- Managers who are responsible for brands and want to refine their skills
- Marketers looking to develop their capabilities in brand building
- Leaders who want to elevate the role of branding in their organization
About the course
Creating, building and rejuvenating your branding strategy
This fast-paced, highly interactive program comes from the architects of modern brand management. It combines cutting-edge academic thinking and proven techniques to inspire and enable you to create and manage a powerful brand. Guided by Kellogg faculty — the acknowledged thought leaders in branding —you’ll gain insight into their innovative approaches and learn how to apply them in practice through real-world cases, structured exercises and an extended simulation focused on some of today’s most perplexing branding challenges.
You’ll learn how to use marketing and branding to build a profitable and enduring business and gain new insights into the importance and value of a strongly differentiated brand. You’ll come away empowered with new knowledge and skills you can apply immediately to increase customer loyalty, competitive advantage and profitability
- Understand why brands matter so much and how brands create value
- Appreciate why building a strong brand is such a challenge
- Learn how to craft distinctive brand positioning and then create a brand experience by managing brand touchpoints
- Understand why brand portfolios are important and learn key frameworks for managing them
- See how to measure and evaluate your brand
- Learn how to manage a brand globally
- Develop your skills at managing a brand in a digital, social world
- Explore the power of brands
- Discuss challenges for managers
Creating a Brand
- Study segmentation and targeting
- Develop brand positioning
- Establish brand touchpoints
Building a Brand
- Manage a brand over time
- Grow a brand
- Manage a brand portfolio
Branding and the Digital World
- Consider how digital media is changing branding
- Examine the implications for brand managers
- Develop content and engage customers
Special Topics in Branding
- Explore brand measurement
- Hone your knowledge of global branding
- Implement competitive brand dynamics
Brand Coaching Session
- Meet one-on-one with a faculty member and receive coaching on your unique branding challenge
Prof. Sawhney is a globally recognized scholar, teacher, consultant and speaker in innovation, strategic marketing and new media. His research currently focuses on modern marketing, enterprise analytics and business innovation. Prof. Sawhney has written six management books as well as dozens of ...
Sanjay Khosla is a Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and a Senior Advisor at Boston Consulting Group. Sanjay was President, Developing Markets at Kraft Foods (now Mondelez International) from Jan 2007 to March 2013, responsible for 65,000 people in over 6...
Gregory Carpenter focuses on understanding how firms create competitive advantage through marketing strategy. Based on award-winning research, his recent book, Resurgence: The Four Stages of Market-Focused Reinvention (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014), examines how firms transform their culture, regaini...
Tim Calkins helps people build strong and profitable brands. He is Clinical Professor of Marketing at Northwestern Universityâ€™s Kellogg School of Management where he teaches courses including Marketing Strategy and Biomedical Marketing in the full-time, part-time and international executive MB...
Julie Hennessy is a Clinical Professor of Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Professor Hennessy's MBA and Executive teaching focuses on the development of Marketing Strategies to enhance long-term competitive advantage and profitability. She works frequently...
Alice M. Tybout is the Harold T. Martin Professor of Marketing. She served as chairperson of the Marketing Department 2004-2006. Professor Tybout teaches in the MBA and Executive Masters Programs. In addition, she is the academic director and faculty for the Kellogg on Consumer Marketing Strategy...
Eric Leininger joined the Kellogg School faculty full time in September 2010, coming from McDonald's Corporation, where he was corporate senior vice president since 2004. He has been an affiliated faculty member since 1997. With Professor Gregory Carpenter, Eric leads The Kellogg Chief Marketing...
Neal Roese is a globally recognized theorist and expert in the psychology of judgment and decision-making. His research examines basic cognitive processes underlying choice, focusing on how people think about decision options, make predictions about the future, and revise understandings of the pa...
Kevin Thomas McTigue is an Adjunct Lecturer of Marketing at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management teaching the core marketing management course to MBA students. When not in class, Kevin is a Group Strategy Director at Razorfish’s Chicago office where he works on numerous Fortune ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.