Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Seasoned female executives and leaders
- Female directors and managers
- Current and rising female supervisors and middle managers with advancement potential
- Female entrepreneurs and small business owners
About the course
This leadership training is designed to empower women leaders to identify their unique facets, to ask for what they want, and to bring their whole best selves to work.
As a participant you will learn (1) your unique leadership style to help leverage your talent to lead others more effectively, (2) the importance of leading yourself and developing a set of personal policies, skills and implementable action plans to increase happiness and decrease stress, (3) how to conduct an honest self-assessment and develop a portfolio of skills to help you better negotiate salary and promotions, manage conflict, and, have difficult conversations, (4) how to recognize and address stressors and promote well-being in the workplace, and, (5) stories of successful female professionals to inspire and create your own story and utilize technology to create a unique professional identity that captures the authentic “you”.
The program is designed - by women for women - to bring together research-based insights and professional leadership experiences of Bauer faculty and industry leaders so as to create an empowering learning experience. Sessions are highly interactive and promote open conversations and dialogue. As a result, new professional ties, friendships, and a supportive community of women leaders emerge.
The goal of this leadership workshop is to present women leaders with a tasting menu of a set of important leadership topics. Follow up workshops may be designed for small groups or on a one-on-one basis to hone in on the areas of leadership development depending on participant needs.
Benefits to the individual student:
- Discover the secrets to eliminating the noise in your life so you can focus on your own growth and success.
- Develop a clear vision of your ideal future and a plan to make it happen.
- Learn how to set boundaries in a way that asserts your power without burning bridges.
- Master concrete techniques to ask for what you want and what you’re worth.
- Convert stress and conflict into positive relationships and professional growth.
Benefits to companies who send their employees:
- Reduce turnover and leave time by helping employees bring their whole selves to work.
- Help employees more effectively convert unproductive conflict to profitable dialogue.
- Encourage high potential employees to realize their potential within the existing organizational context.
- Develop specific tools for managing communication and productivity among diverse, interpersonal styles.
- Build self-confidence while also building interpersonal understanding and appreciation.
Dr. Vanessa Patrick is a Bauer Professor of Marketing, Lead Faculty for the Bauer Executive Women in Leadership Program and Fulbright Specialist for 2019-2022. She has a PhD in Business from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, an MBA in Marketing and a BS degree in Microbiology an...
BA in Business Administration, Austin College; MHM (Hospitality Management), University of Houston; MBA in Strategy, University of Chicago; MS in Analytics, Texas A&M University; JD (Law), LLM in International Finance and Economic Law, Ph.D. in Management, University of Houston. CHE, CMP. Exp...
Jamie Belinne is the Assistant Dean for Career Services at the C.T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston's Rockwell Career Center. Prior to that she managed Recruiting and Staffing at The University of Texas at Austin. Earlier at UT, she built McCombs' first dedicated MBA Career...
Dusya Vera is a Professor of Strategy in the Management Department. She received her Ph.D. in Business Administration (Strategic Management) from the Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University in Canada. She earned an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh and a Computer Engineering deg...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.